She didn't know why but she felt like crying. Couldn't the ML deal with his own problems?

Still, she also didn't want to miss out on the opportunity of messing with the prime minister.

"He certainly is. All these years he has been serving this great country without voicing out any complaints. Now that I think about it, you're getting on your years.  Prime Minister, don't you think its time to retire. I heard your nephew recently took the examinations and you personally assisted him with his studies. Once the results are out, bring him to court and show him the ropes. "

As soon as those words escaped her sweet red lips, the prime minister felt like he dug his own grave. He wanted to have more power, so he forcefully made his daughter marry into the royal family. But, apparently, everyone in the royal family turned against him. Even, his supposedly-son-in-law.

At this moment the prime minister felt like his actions were too greedy.

"My nephew is still young and inexperienced. I be..."

"Young is good. Experience can be gained. There, problem solved. That way prime minister can live his remaining years surrounded by a family that loves him. Not to mention that we need a fresh pair of eyes pronto. His highness the emperor is finally back if there are so many people imposing their views on him and not looking at what he's got prepared for the future, chenqie's afraid we're going to keep living in the past and not the present. Do you agree, your highness?"

Everyone in the hall felt extremely nervous. The guy who felt like he was the second most powerful man in the kingdom was kicked off his throne. Just like that, she got rid of him. If they didn't watch their steps, were they also going to have the same ending?

The prime minister was afraid that the emperor was going to agree with his consort, so he soon fell to his knees.

"Your highness, your subject doesn't dare to cloud your judgment. My body is still vigorous, and I want to assist you in your reign. I would never dare to be disobedient!"

The emperor looked at him with profound eyes and asked, "when did my consort say you were disobedient? I believe she said that your body needed some time to rest, don't you ever listen to your doctor?"

Sang Yunxie was feeling kind of bad at this moment and said, "well, I'm not saying that he needs to renounce his position. I'm just saying that he needs to prepare a successor. To my knowledge, he doesn't have any sons and is particularly fond of his nephew. That's why he should bring him and show him the ropes. Unless he has someone else in mind."

"That makes sense. We all need to give the youth a chance, " the agreed with her.

The prime minister felt like he had no chance of changing their minds so he kept his head low as to not get himself in more trouble.

After that, they started talking to the emperor about urgent topics that needed his opinion. Sang Yunxie was helping at the beginning, but he seemed to be very familiar with everything. She guessed that he was still keeping tabs on everything that happened in the capital while fighting in the war.

So she simply sat back and watched him work, only voicing out her opinion on topics that mattered to her. Such as the new education system that she herself implemented. It forced kids to at least finish 5th grade before deciding on their future. If any of them excel at something they would be given scholarships to study thoroughly. If they failed to meet the expectations their scholarships would be revoked.

Most of the people in the room felt that it was a waste of money, but she ignored them and talked about how the country was going to become stronger if the citizens were stronger. She said that the country was the people, not the government. Moreover, her clinics were paying for 60 percent of the cost of the schools. She couldn't understand why they were complaining.

She was trying to build a brighter kingdom, not a sex dungeon. She thought they would complain less if she just built a sex dungeon.

The emperor said to wait for the results before deciding on anything, so they quickly moved on to other topics.

Sang Yunxie stayed quiet and watched them work with a smile, although secretly, she was cursing each and every one of the people who were giving her trouble. She just wanted them to accidentally die in a fire.

They soon moved into military topics, Sang Yunxie had no opinion since she knew the ML was a god when it come to war. Unfortunately, the topic concerned the father she never met.

Apparently, he was requesting to leave his position. Sang Yunxie went through the storyline in her mind but didn't seem to find such an event. The father (in the story) came back only halfway through the story when Sang Yunxie was starting to lose favor in the eyes of the empress.

But he was returning way too soon now. This was only the first chapter!