Sang Yunxie 1.18

"Why should zhen explain himself to them?"

So that I'm not labeled as a walking catastrophe that seduced the nation's emperor?

"So that they don't think his highness judgement was clouded and s..."

He interrupted me with an annoyed look on his face. "Zhen doesn't need to explain his reasons to them. The only reason they're still alive is because zhen granted them the right to live. If they get out of line, zhen might as well take it from them. After all, the majority of the common folks have labeled zhen as an evil person who kills without remorse.” He asked, “Why would zhen bother acting differently towards them?"

Even though, his words sounded cold, they were true. As his mother sent him to war at a young age. The only thing the common folks knew about him were his many war victories. They didn't even get a peek into his personality. They just knew he was good at killing and protecting his country. So, they accepted him and thought he was worthy of ruling them. As long as they were safe, it didn't matter how vicious his methods were. However…

I sincerely look at him, "You're highness, just because some people say insensible things doesn't mean they are true. It's not wrong to say that war changes you, but, you can't describe yourself as something that you're not.”

Although, I don't wanna deal with his psychological issues. I know for a fact that, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to survive. There's no point in labeling someone evil just because they wanted to survive. Sure, depending on the situation they would be hated on. However, that doesn't apply to his situation.

He gave me a cold smirk as if I said the most crappy thing in the world and mockingly said, "how do you know zhen is not evil? Don't tell me you feel it in your heart?”

I laughed softly at his attitude since at least he wasn't easily swayed by cheesy speeches. "Your not evil because you don't go out of your way to hurt others. You only defend yourself against past, present, and future attacks. Sure, your punishment methods are not the nicest. However, that doesn't mean your evil. You're just... rational," I said, implying that it wasn't wrong to defend oneself, just long as you didn't go out of your way to hurt others.”

Wait!!! If the people who go out of their way to hurt others are evil, doesn't that mean I'm evil?!!!

'Host, you're spacing out. There's no need to write a book about your inner thoughts, ple...'

"Zhen's consort has a lot of interesting thoughts in her head," he stated as he got closer and sat on the bed.

My smile got more beautiful and I thanked, "Chenqie is very happy to hear your highness praising her."

He leaned closer to the point that his forehead was touching mine and I could feel his breath on my skin reminding me of last night. Then he asked, "You are?"

"Yes."

"That's good," he said as he leaned closer and kissed me.

His kiss was rough, his tongue explore every inch of my mouth without restrain as he held me in his arms. I answered back with the same enthusiasm. Throwing my hands over his shoulders and running my fingers through his messy hair. His rough hands were stroking my back making me want t-

"Mistress, the bath is re... AHH!"

'Oh my lord,' I thought as I saw Xin You running out of the room once again. She probably forgot that there was someone else here.