Sang Yunxie 1.5

"Noble consort Sang, the mistress will be here in a second. Is there anything I can get for you?" Asked one of the servants with a happy expression. I don't know why but when I entered the manor all of the servants looked at me with hope and happiness in their eyes. I guess the previous Sang Yunxie was really liked.

I smiled gently at the servant and with a sweet voice I asked, "I'm fine. How's my mother feeling?" In the past this body could've just gone to her mother's bedroom and not have to wait like a guest. However, after a daughter marries out of her family, she's considered part of her husband's family. Which means that I can't just walk in there. Cause like a wise man once said, when you're in Rome do as the Romans do.

"The mistress has been feeling a..."

"Amazing, thank you for asking," said an appealing voice captivating my attention. When I looked towards the sound I saw my mother, Bingbing. 

She was wearing a long blue dress with white accessories. Her long and dark hair fell beautifully to her waist, complimenting her tall and curvy figure. Unfortunately, I couldn't see much because her dress was kind of loose but, she was definitely stunning at first sight. Her face really resembled Sang Yunxie and she exuded an air of calmness like nothing could disturb her. Yet, she didn't give out the same delicate charm about Sang Yunxie that made you want to protect her.

"Mom," I said as I stood up. I didn't run towards her but, I made sure to make my eyes look slightly moist. Looking at her with a sorry expression.

Unfortunately, she complete ignore my sorry state and gave me the cold shoulder,"noble consort Sang, to what do I owe pleasure of having you here?" Honestly her words sounded respectful but, that's not how you would speak to someone who has a higher rank than you.

I gently smiled at her with a hopeless expression, she ignored me and sat on the master's chair grabbing a cup of tea that was previously served.

Noticing that my mother wasn't biting the I'm sorry  bait, I softly sighed and waved my paper fan towards the servants indicating for them to leave.

Once they left, I looked at my mother who didn't seem to be paying any attention at my actions and walked towards her. Then with slow movements I sat next to her and cuddle in her embrace. She didn't respond to my affection and kept sipping her tea but, she also didn't turn me away which was a good sign.

"Mommy?" I called out with a sweet voice as cuddle in her bosom. She ignored me so, I continued, "do you know why I left for the palace?"

She glared at me with her fine brows creasing deeply. I laughed softly and asked, "do you know?"

She seemed to be tired of me and pushed my head away with two of her fingers. Then she asked, "why?" With sarcasm in her voice.

"To be free," I answered her.

She finally looked angry and roughly put her tea down. "Freedom? Freedom you say? You think you're gonna be free trapped in that golden cage? I thought you were smart but, obviously I was just blinded  that thing people call motherhood. You simply are special case aren't you?" She said while massaging her temple and raising her voice.

"Mother, no matter how you look at it I'm a girl. A girl from a noble house to be specific. Even if I hadn't married to the royal family. My marriage would still be a transaction between two families..." 

"You think your father and I want to use you like other families do? I made sure to raise you the best way I possibly could to make sure you don't depend on anyone to survive. I wanted you to be the difference and do things I never could like travel and heal other people. Anything you wanted but, you chose to marry into that house of snakes.."