The Night Owls

Elizabeth and Achia knew their skills were needed, and they remained with Ndege wa Mapema, with Elizabeth passing her torch to Screven. As Eli's group took a break for the night, Bundi Usiku continued onward.

The group of ten Strike Warriors were led by Mercy; Screven at her side. The moon shone through the trees, and while their two water-reliant warriors were grateful for it - as it meant their power would be at an exponential strength tonight - it meant they would have to be careful.

Clare worked on using her Tracking Mage abilities to find where the three Usiku Mages had come from, sensing their path through their fading energy signature that would lead them back to their campsite.

The Earth Elemental paced, picking up information from their surrounding area by picking through the vibrational energy. She could tell the amount of trees around them, and choose the best route to the camp.

"Will Eli truly be healed by sunrise? I mean, he said he'll be stronger when it rises..." Vera allowed her thought to trail off, playing with an air current in her hand, a tiny funnel that swept up the leaves she held.

"He's a Sun Mage, and he was hit by a Moon Mage. We can't tell," the Water Elemental said quietly.

"He was hit with Shadow magic, Screven. He'll heal," Mercy growled. "Michaela, can you please stop pacing already?"

"I pace when I'm nervous. I need something to do," she retorted.

Clare rolled her eyes, looking back at the two bickering warriors.

"Children, I found the trail."

"That's 'Cruel Mistress, Harbinger of Tears' to you, Clare. Michaela," Mercy whipped around, "I found you something to do. Lead us on to the camp; side with Clare."

"I will, and I agree with her that you're a child, Cruel Mistress, Harbinger of Tears," she winked as she passed Mercy to Clare's side.

The Water Mage flicked her hand, and a water whip slapped Michaela at the back of her head.

Michaela turned to give her a baleful stare, before continuing forward to follow Clare's directions.

Vera nudged Screven, getting his attention.

"Why did we decide to put them in the same group?"

Screven frowned.

"That is a good question..."

The Night Owls sprinted through the trees, Michaela choosing the easiest path while Clare concentrated on twists of energy. The group stopped as Clare held out her hand.

"Wait, the energy..." the tracker took a moment to process what she had picked up. "Shield!"

Michaela brought up a wall of earth; taking the impact, shuddering as the wall cracked in places, but held firm.

Mercy sprinted to the front of the group.

"Boost," she ordered, demanding Michaela to give her a platform to make it over the wall. She landed on the other side, and stretched out her hands. Four guards found themselves kneeling on the floor as she brought them there, eyes blazing blue as she used her element.

Screven landed beside her, having taken the same route over the earth, hands up and shielding Mercy from several other projectiles, ice catching arrows and knives.

Michaela dropped the wall, Vera and Clare ready to attack, but Screven followed Mercy's lead, and held the last three.

Mercy twisted her wrists suddenly, and her four captives dropped dead, blood leaking from their ears, noses, and mouths.

"Well, that's not a pretty sight," she hummed.

The Water Elemental grunted, agreeing with her. He kept his hands in fists, keeping his captives in place.

"Need some help, Screech?" Mercy commented as she picked up a knife the ice shield had caught.

"No. But you'll want to talk to the one on the right."

She smiled.