Return

Omegas, they were rare, extremely rare- only filling up 5% of the population at most. The most common were betas and alphas were more common than omegas. The title of 'omega' itself was a burden to carry, they were seen as inferior in society and treated like objects, they weren't able to get high paying jobs and neither were they able to decide what happened to them, being seen as inferior due to their naturally submissive nature. But, that didn't stop a certain omega, Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto was a special creature, the name that he was attached to, held quite a legacy. His parents were both quite famous and highly respected alphas, so when they had a son, an alpha was sure to be expected. But, when Naruto was presented as an omega, it was as if his parents' blood had run cold, up until they died in a car crash, they treated him like a slave. Making him cook, clean, do all the laundry, stay at home, have no friends- it all made him the person he is today. Although he wasn't thankful for the death of the people who raised, once he had been taken in by his godmother, who also treated him like how his parents did, his obnoxious side started to show and burn bright.

Naruto was no longer the slave he was raised to be, he was cheeky, obnoxious, troublesome, hard of hearing- as in, he didn't listen to anyone unless he was beaten and last of all, he didn't take shit from anyone, even alphas and betas, since they filled up most of the population anyways. Everyone knew who he was, especially since he was an omega and not an alpha, that caused his parents to become more popular for failing to bring a powerful alpha into the world. They called him derogatory terms, degrading him wherever he went somewhere by himself, they were all disappointed in him. He was a failure for not being an alpha- even him being a beta would have been accepted, just anything but an omega.

"Grandma!" a blonde-haired boy shouted, practically bouncing of the walls as he approached his godmother's room, entering without knocking since he didn't see the need to. He called her grandma, rather than godmother, because it felt more casual. At the prime age of eighteen, he was finally an adult and his godmother could hardly control him- well, he wished she couldn't, she was still his guardian so, out of the respect for the authority she had, he wouldn't seriously disobey her, especially since she was also an alpha.

"What is it, Naruto?" she asked, irritation lacing her words as a slight snarl graced itself upon her lips, showing that he had clearly interrupted something important. She looked up at him, pretending to be interested, since the young, now legal, ball of energy was always spouting some sort of nonsense and she wasn't bothered to put up with his behavior today.

"Can I go out? Please? Please? Please! I'll behave, I promise!" he asked, practically begging as he walked up to her desk "I'm an adult now! I promise I'll take care of myself!- and behave, definitely behave!" he added on, wanting to convince her completely that he was capable of going out by himself. He hardly went out by himself, he had only been let out of the house a handful of times and it has been years since the last time he actually stepped foot on a pavement.

With a sigh, she waved her hand, as if dismissing him "go on, I don't care, go get run over for all I care" she answered, sighing even more as she saw the boy's eyes practically light up out of excitement, the blonde leaping over and pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much, Grandma Tsunade!" he chanted, having to let her go because of the push he received "I'll be back by nine! And- and, I won't make any unnecessary contact with anyone, I promise!" he continued, stepping back with a wide smile upon his face; he was over the moon about being let out of the house.

"Okay, just go, I don't want to see your face for another second, you're annoying me now" she said, dismissing the energetic boy with a flick of her wrist, the said boy finally administering her wishes as he stepped out of the room, running to the front door and opening it excitedly. Maybe it was a mistake to let him go, she could've stopped Naruto from meeting the one man that would make his life hell, but neither of them knew about that just yet.

Once he had stepped food outside, he was fascinated by how much things had changed, casually making his way down the street while trying to remember his way to his favourite convenience store, if it was gone then he wouldn't know what to do with himself. His family was famous and used to be rich but, due to him presenting as an omega, their family wealth started to go down, even as they started to get more famous. He had to rely on cup ramen most of the time since his godmother loved to wallow in her greed by gambling and drinking all night long. He let out a relieved sigh as he saw the old store come into view, quickly hurrying in and seeing the two people he hasn't seen for years "Teuchi! Ayame! Guess who's here?!" he asked loudly, rushing over and letting the two shocked shopkeepers engulf him in a hug.

"Naruto!" they both said in unison, not able to overcome their shock even after they pulled away form the hug "go on, pick up anything you want, my treat for your return" Teuchi, the father of Ayame, said, giving him an encouraging smile. With a nod, the blonde quickly turned around and started to walk off, not hearing the alerted shouts from Ayame and Teuchi as he bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going, idiot"