Chapter 3

Izuku's POV~

"I still don't understand why the hell Deku is going on the mission." Kacchan growled at breakfast the next morning. There were a lot of things I could have said in response, but they'd be mean and that would just make me feel terrible. Sometimes, I'm to much Angel for my own good.

"He's the top Angel Halve in class." Yaoyorozu said for what seemed like the millionth time. Everyone in our class had been explaining it to him over and over again because he couldn't seem to grasp the idea that I was actually good at something. Maybe even better than him.

"What about the top Demon Halve?" He asked offended. He... he thought he was the top Demon Halve in our class? Todoroki better start running now. We only have three Demon Halves in our class, Kacchan, Todoroki, and Jirou. Demon Halves are pretty rare seeing as Demons are incredibly violent and tend to... kill their partners while... you know... DA's are even more rare. Nearly half of the Demon Halves give up trying to become DA's because of discrimination and a few other things, and they either fully commit to their demon side and go down to Hell, or they fully commit to their human side and go into hiding in the human world, which is completely against the rules for Halves. Fully committing to one side isn't allowed and is punishable by eternal imprisonment, which is the Halve's equivalent of Hell. Like I said earlier, God's a dick to us. Before we're even born our entire lives our planned out for us, which is even worse than humans because we technically live forever. Our eternity is planned. We get about one hundred to two hundred years on Earth before we're shipped up to Heaven. In Heaven we'll work normal jobs like humans do on Earth. It's the same thing, just for forever and it has a zero crime rate. Sounds thrilling, right?

"That'd be me." Todoroki said, not bothering to lift his head from the book he was currently reading at the kitchen table. If I had thought Kacchan was mad about me going, I should have thought about how he'd be after figuring out he wasn't the top Demon Halve in our class. He nearly blew up the whole kitchen with his quirk.

I guess I haven't explained our powers yet. I already said that Angel Halves have halos and Demon Halves have horns, but we both have this thing called a quirk. It's unique to every Halve. It's just a superpower that we all are born with. It helps us aid humans, which is our primary reason for existence. Honestly screw God, this is stupid. I don't mind saving and help humans, I'm just pissed that we don't have a choice. It's like when you're going to wash the dishes and then your mom tells you to and you instantly don't want to anymore.

Kirishima was able to restrain Kacchan before he could cause to much damage. He dragged him off, probably to spar at one of our training grounds. Just because we don't usually fight, doesn't mean we aren't trained how to. It's a last resort, but it still happens.

I took a seat next to Todoroki. I wanted to talk to him a little bit more and try and get to know him before we just started to travel around the world together. "You really shouldn't antagonize him like that. You know how short tempered he is." I said while picking at the oatmeal I had grabbed from the cupboard. I wasn't really hungry, but I figured I should probably eat something before leaving.

"Does it look like I care?" He responded, once again, not looking up from his book.

I let out a quiet sigh. It had seemed like we had taken one step forwards last night and two steps back this morning. "What happened to tolerating me?" I mumbled. I tend to mumble my inner thoughts out loud without meaning to or realizing that I did.

"This is me tolerating. I responded, didn't I?"

Well I guess he did have a point. Usually he'd just ignore when someone was trying to talk to him and he had now way of benefitting from it.

"Yeah." I breathed out. I couldn't really be mad, I was already making more progress than anyone else in the class. I was just impatient. I would have rather we had been friends before we left and were stuck together for who knew how long.

I heard him shut his book and move to stand up. My eyes followed his movement as he stood. "Patience is key, little angel." He said before walking back to the elevator. I was too stunned to move. 'Did... did he just call me 'little angel'? What does that even mean? He had called me angel yesterday, but it was in a condescending way. This was... different. How should I have responded to that? Calling him big demon or something? That would have just been weird. Jeez, keep it together Izuku.' I shook my head, clearing my thoughts.

I felt someone's presence as they slid into the now vacant seat next to me. "So are you ready to leave?" Uraraka asked me as she started to eat a bowl of cereal.

"Yeah, I'm all packed." I confirmed as I distractedly continued to eat my oatmeal. The scenario with Todoroki kept playing through my head on a loop.

"That's not really what I was talking about but- Deku? Hello~ Okay then." She had tried to get my attention, but I was completely zoned out. She got up and walked to the sink with her bowl, but not before bumping my chair with her hip, causing me to jump and come back to my senses.

She giggled at my actions. "Welcome back to the land of the living." She said while rinsing out her bowl and putting it in the dishwasher. I groaned and let my head hit the table with a loud thud. I had been careful to avoid my bowl of oatmeal though.

"That excited, huh?" She asked with amusement clear in her voice. I just groaned again in response.

"Good luck."

I was going to need it.