Storage Boxes - 12

A room fizzled into life around them. Metal shelves, boxes, and other miscellaneous items appeared as well. The Guardian Force's logo was stamped on most of the things.
Meaning that the Guardian Force owned these.

Meaning that they were in a storage room.

Meaning that they hadn't escaped.

Zane let out a small sigh. Of course it couldn't be that easy, even with magic.

Lucinda quietly groaned from beside him, face pale and eyes unfocused.

"Lucinda?"

"I'm just gonna to take a quick rest," she mumbled in a semi-delirious state. Lucinda fell back, quickly caught by Zane. He set her down carefully, swiping the strange glass shards and green liquid to the side with his shoe, and began looking around the room. If they were lucky, Lucinda could've teleported them across the base, and it'd take a while for everyone to figure out where they were.

This situation might actually work out in our favor. Great.

There were a couple of spots where they could quickly hide, but were fairly obvious.
On the other hand, there were boxes. Many boxes. One had to have something worthwhile in it. Zane pulled open one, finding only weapons in it. Another had a couple spare Guardian Force suits, a third with items Zane didn't recognize at first.

A staff, some cloth, a witch's hat...
This is Lucinda's stuff, isn't it? So if her stuff is in here, then could mine..?

A deeper search in the box revealed that most everything in it seemed to belong to the two. Beside's Lucinda's staff and hat, Zane's mask and stolen hoodie were also there. Zane put the mask back on, ecstatic to have it back. He wrapped Lucinda's things in the hoodie, and put them aside for now.

He went back to opening boxes.

Eventually, most of the boxes had been opened, searched, and put back. Only the force's suits and weapons boxes remained useful.
Zane looked over to Lucinda. Although she was still unconscious, she looked better. Her body was less pale, and a light blush was beginning to come back to her. All in all, she looked alive.

Thank Irene.

Zane put a hand on her shoulder, shaking it to wake her up. She stirred, but did nothing else. Zane shook harder.

"Hey, Lucinda! Wake up, we've got to get out of here. Lucinda!"

Lucinda groaned in response. "I'm up, I'm up. Dear Irene, you can stop shaking me."

He stopped. "So. Where exactly are we?"

Zane filled her in, grabbing a suit and a weapon for each of them. "I figured if we can't use magic, we could wear the outfits to go undetected. Everyone's got to be looking for us, so they won't notice us in storage or anything. And if we can get close enough to Ein..." He trailed off.

"We can ask about leaving the base to go look for them, and then be free to leave!" Lucinda finished. Zane nodded, although he didn't seem like he completely understood.

Lucinda stared at Zane. He glanced back, and in that moment, something seemed to change about him. No, something about his eye changed. Flickered.
But she couldn't tell what exactly had differed from before. Letting her concerns slip for now, she tried changing the topic, now realizing something else different about the emo.

"Zane? Since when did you get your mask back?" Zane vaguely waved to the stacks of boxes around them. "Found it in a box. I found your stuff, too. I wrapped it in my— er— the hoodie over there."

Sure enough, her hat was there. "That's not my staff."

"What do you mean? Can't you just, I don't know, use them anyways? Until you get yours back."