the trouble with never

Nancy shivered as she walked back to derry townhouse. Seeing the image of her dead mother really made her feel uneasy. Out of all the things Pennywise could have taken the form of, it chose her mother. She opened the door to the townhouse and saw ben looking scared. "Ben?" Nancy placed a hand on his shoulder, but Ben flinched back.

"Hi, Nance." Ben rubbed his tired eyes. He took a seat on the stairs. Nancy sat beside him.

"Tell me the truth. How are you holding up? You know, being back here and all." Nancy said.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Ben looked up at Nancy with a frown. "How are you?"

Nancy sighed and put her head in her hands. "I just wish he was here with me. Not here as in Derry, but just beside me. He didn't deserve any of this."

"Couldn't have said it better myself." Ben hugged Nancy. Their moment was cut off by Eddie bursting through the door covered in some sort of black goo.

"Holy shit, what happened to you?" Nancy stood up from the steps and approached Eddie.

"I'm fine, everything is fine. Completely fine!" Eddie rambled on. He quickly went up the stairs and into his room.

"Hey, you shits, I'm leaving this shithole, good luck trying to stay alive." Richie said from upstairs which caused ben and Nancy to go upstairs to prevent him from leaving.

"He's actually leaving." Beverly said to Ben and Nancy when she saw them. "I'm going to go get a drink." She sighed and went downstairs.

Nancy went into Richie's room and saw him packing all his clothes. She grabbed the clothes that were in his suitcase and threw them on the bed. "Your ass is staying here, Rich. We need you."

Richie shook his head, frustrated with Nancy. "No, you don't! I am walking out of that door and walking out of derry with a pulse!"

Richie got the clothes from the bed and put the inside his suitcase again. Nancy watched him approach the door and open it. Richie didn't even look back at her. He should've because Nancy then pounced on his back bringing both of them down. "Jesus fucking christ!" Richie yelled out as Nancy held onto him.

Ben came rushing into Richie's room. "What the hell is going on?"

"He can't leave! We need him!" Nancy yelled still not letting go of Richie.

Ben grabbed a hold of Nancy, trying to get her off Richie. Once he did, Richie took the chance to run back into his room and lock the door. "Fine, I'll stay."

Nancy dusted herself off. "Your ass better stay in that room until Bill gets back!" Nancy yelled at the closed door. "I'm too sober for this." She said to ben as they walked downstairs. They catched a glimpse of Bill going out the door in a hurry, leaving a panicked Beverly standing alone.

"Did Bill just leave?" Ben asked beverly.

"I couldn't stop him. Everybody's leaving and. . . " Beverly said through tears.

"Well everybody is dumb as shit." Nancy pinched the bridge of her nose.

"It's alright, he's Bill. Bill will be back. He'll come back." Ben repeated. "At least we got Richie to stay."