she's lost control

Nancy could hear henry taunting mike. It was torture to just hear them. She saw henry raise a rock above his head, ready to drop it on Mike's head. Her hands grabbed a medium sized rock and gave it to Beverly. "I'm a shit shot."

Beverly grabbed the rock and threw it at Henry's head. "Nice throw." Stan complimented. Mike took the opportunity and dragged his body to where the losers were. Nancy helped him up, guiding him to an area that he wouldn't get hurt.

"You losers are trying too hard. She'll do you." Henry nodded. "You just gotta ask nicely like I did."

Ben let out a yell and threw his rock at henry. Him and his friends using their hands to protect themselves. Beverly threw the next rock, then nancy and stan and bill.

"Rock war!" Richie yelled out but was interrupted by a rock being thrown in his face.

The losers repeatedly threw rocks at henry and his gang. Nancy threw rocks, mostly at henry since she had the opportunity. The losers didn't stop until Henry's friends left, leaving henry on the ground with a bleeding head. Stan led mike away, the losers except, richie and nancy, following. "Go blow your dad, you mullet-wearing asshole!" Richie yelled and put up both middle fingers at henry.

"Leave my friends alone." Nancy dropped the rock that was in her hand and turned to walk away but henry spoke.

"You're going to regret this, bitch!" Henry shouted. Nancy had enough and grabbed the rock she had dropped and threw it at henry, hoping it would hit him in his wound. She let out a satisfied sigh when it did.

"Nance!" Stan called out to her.

Nancy looked one last time at henry before running to catch up with her friends. Henry was never someone she considered her family. No matter how many times oscar told them they were. He wasn't and would never be.

"Thanks guys, but you shouldn't have done that, he'll be after you guys too now." Mike thanked them as the walked down the field.

"Ah, now, bowers, he's always after us." Eddie looked back at mike.

"I guess that's one th-thing we all have in common." Bill added.

"Some more than others." Richie pointed at nancy which caused stan to hit hit head. "Ow! Sorry, geez. Yeah, homeschool, welcome to the loser's club!" Together, the losers walked back into town where a parade was in motion. A marching band was playing, people waving american flags all around and richie trying to play an instrument.

They approached a missing kid poster taped on the wall. It happened again. "They say the found part of his hand all chewed up near the standpit." Stan said scared.

"He asked to borrow a pencil once." Ben added. Bill walked towards the poster and lifted it up, revealing more missing kid posters with different picture on it. More specifically, betty rimpson's picture.

"It's like she's been f-f-forgotten because Corcoran's missing."

Nancy looked over at richie, who had the instrument yanked from his hand from the owner. "What the fuck, dude?" Richie scoffed.

"Amazing." Nancy licked her ice cream she had bought with eddie with her own money. Eddie and her made it back with the losers, eddie giving richie an ice cream cone. "What did we miss?" Nancy asked.

"Nothing much, just the usual." Richie accepted the ice cream cone from Eddie.

"I actually think it will end. For a little while at least." Ben said.

"What do you mean?" Bev questioned.

Ben sighed. "So I was going over all my derry research and I charted out all the big events. The ironworks explosion in nineteen oh eight, the bradley gang in thirty five and the black spot in sixty two and now kids being..." he trailed off. "I realized, this stuff happens every-"

"Twenty seven years." Bill finished Ben's sentence.

🎈

"Okay so let me get this straight. It comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year and then what? It just goes into hibernation?" Eddie guessed.

Seated in a bench, stan spoke up. "Maybe it's like...what do you call it? Cicadas. You know, the bugs that come out once every seventeen years."

Mike shook his head slowly. "My grandfather thinks this town is cursed. He says that all the bad things that happen in this town are because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people of derry."

"But it's not just one thing, is it?" Nancy chewed on her nail. "We all saw something different. I saw him again." Nancy gulped.

"Maybe. Or maybe it knows what scared us the most and that's what we see." Mike added.

"I-I saw a leper. He was like a walking infection." Eddie said with a trembling voice.

"But you didn't." Stan said to eddie. "Because it isn't real. None of this is. Not Eddie's leper. Not the moonlight man. Or bill seeing georgie. Or the woman I keep seeing."

"Is she hot?"

Nancy mentally slapped richie. "No Richie. She's not hot. Her face is all messed up. None of this makes any sense. They're all like bad dreams."

"I don't think so." Mike disagreed. "I know the difference between a bad dream and real life, okay?"

"What did you see? You saw something too?" Eddie asked.

"Yes."

The group stayed quiet and heated what mike had to say about what he had witnessed. "You guys know that burnt up house on Harris avenue?" Mike asked.

Nancy nodded, making mike continue. "I was inside when it burnt down. Before I was rescued my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over from me. They were pushing and pounding on the door...trying to get to me. But it was too hot. When the firemen finally found them, the skin on their hands melted down to the bone."

Mike stared at the ground. Nancy did the obvious thing and grabbed Mike's hand, squeezing it. "We're all afraid of something." She said.

From behind richie, a firework went off. Richie turned around and saw a man dressed as a clown practicing his act. "Got that right."

"Alright, rich. What are you afraid of?" Eddie asked.

Without missing a beat, richie adjusted his glasses and said his fear.

"Clowns."