[61] - Whiskey Peak Arc ~ 4

Start from the beginning

"Figures you'd be around when money is being mentioned." I mumble, taking ahold of Zoro and Luffy, holding them out further away apart from one another.

"What...But..."

"Aghliqh![2]" I shout, slamming both my captain and the swordsman into the ground, not being able to take any more of their childish squabble over a misunderstanding.

Vivi gasps, hearing the language of her home. "You speak Alabastian?"

"Nem fielaan. Min bayn 'umur 'ukhraa kathirat al'amirat.[3]" I answer, pulling my two troublemaking crewmates out of the ground, forcing them to sit and explain the entire thing to Luffy in a way that even he could understand.

And would you have it, he's outright laughing about the blown out of proportion misunderstanding.

"Oh! Why didn't you just say so, Zoro." He beams, acting like he's done nothing wrong. "I was figuring that you beat up all those guys because they didn't make any food you liked."

🌀That's why you started a fight?! Not because you thought Zoro killed a bunch of innocents?🌀 Ahio squawks, angered by Luffy's denseness. Zoro, on the other hand, doesn't share his captain's humor of their previous engagement.

"WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD THINK THAT?!" Zoro snaps, causing Luffy to only laugh in response.

"It's Luffy. Not the brightest star in the sky." Ghin reminds.

"What a funny mix up." Luffy laughs.

"GUYS! SHUT UP!" Nami barks.

"And that's pretty much the whole story." I finish explaining to the Alabastian princess. "Well for Nami's reasoning, anyway."

"In exchange for taking you home, I'd like 1,000,000 beris." Nami smiles like it's the simplest thing in the world. "You saw how strong these three guys are and you've gotten but a taste of how our Siren stacks up. If you ask me, it isn't a bad deal."

"No, I can't." The princess answers without fail. "I appreciate the help you've given me so far."

"Why not? You're a princess after all. Aren't you rich?" Nami pries.

"I don't think her being a princess has anything to do with her monetary values, Nami." I interject, earning curious stares from my crewmates present.

Vivi nods agreeingly. "Ms. Siren is right. Do any of you know much about Alabasta Kingdom?" She asks my shipmates, tensely.

"No." Nami answers, shrugging her shoulders.

"Alabasta is a very old kingdom with a great history. For quite a time, it was a peaceful kingdom. But that's changed in recent years."

"Changed?" Nami echoes. "How?"

I gaze sternly through the shadows of my hood. "It's in the midst of civil war."

"How...How do you know that?" The princess inquires to the nature of my knowing such knowledge.

"I have networks here in the Grand Line that offer me pertinent information that I might find useful. This has been going on for quite some time, a few years in fact."

"Your information is sound." Vivi states seriously. "Signs of discontent began to appear. Finally, the people revolted, and the kingdom fell into utter chaos." Her fingers clench tightly into her palms as she continues. "Then one day, I learned of a secret organization."

🌺Baroque Works.🌺 Carmela clarifies, earning a confirming nod from the young princess.

"I found out that our people were being manipulated by this organization. But that was the only information I could gather about them." The princess' head sinks back down to gaze at the ground. "I didn't know what to do, so I went to Igaram for help. You see, he's kept a close eye on me ever since I was a child."