[20] - Baratie Arc ~ 2

️Ch.20: Sanji of the Sea-Faring Restaurant! (First Name)'s Return to the Baratie!🏴️️

"What are you doing here, Johnny?" Zoro asks, looking down past the cut-up railing in front of the galley.

The man, who's now been named as Johnny, sits up straight to face Zoro. "What? Big Bro? It's you!" He bolts up to his feet in surprise. "Why are you on a pirate ship? What's going on around here?" He demands.

"Hey, relax. Is everything okay?" The swordsman asks his friend. "Where's Yosaku?"

Johnny starts to explain that his partner, Yosaku, was sick and leads us over to his small boat tethered to the port side of the Going Merry where we see the sick man in question. Johnny wasn't exaggerating when he said his partner was in horrible condition.

The man was dressed in black shirt, with a green hooded overcoat, yellow plaid shorts, and red martial arts sparring headgear, laid on a blue blanket, with bandages wrapped around his torso with blood seeping from them and a bit from his mouth and...

The man was dressed in black shirt, with a green hooded overcoat, yellow plaid shorts, and red martial arts sparring headgear, laid on a blue blanket, with bandages wrapped around his torso with blood seeping from them and a bit from his mouth and nose, and his skin is tinged a sickly mix of green and purple. At first glance, you'd probably think he was dead, if it wasn't for the shallow rising and falling of his chest.

Zoro places a hand on his friend's shoulder in an attempt to comfort the now crying man.

"Carmela, Ahio, bring him aboard." I instruct. The two macaws each grab the ends of the blanket, using it like a gurney to bring the greatly ill man on deck.

"What is it?" Zoro questions as we all get a good look at the damage. He looked even worse up close. The man is breathing heavily and looks as though he's using every bit of his strength to keep his white voided eyes from closing.

I kneel next to him, taking note of every physical ailment visible on him. I place my hand on his forehead. 'No fever. So that rules out infections.' I move in closer to his face. 'Sunken eyes, his skin has lost practically all of its normal pigmentation.' I then open up his mouth. 'His gums are receding which is causing some of his teeth to fall out.' Moving further down to his torso, I spot the bloody wound still covered with bandages. As gently as possible I lift away some of the bandages to get a better look at the wound. The injury is at least a couple of weeks old, yet blood is still escaping from it. Upon closer examination, I can see that the blood itself isn't clotting.

"Up until a few days ago, he was healthy and full of life." Johnny starts to explain. "And now . . .He keeps fainting and getting really pale! I have no idea what's causing it! His teeth have been falling out and his old wound opened up and started bleeding. He just got worse and worse; I didn't know what to do. So, I thought maybe we'd just rest on a little island, but then . . .a cannonball came flying from this ship!" He sobs.

Luffy and Usopp are shocked by this piece of information, as they were the reason for the cannon fire and are quick to apologize to Johnny and his partner. "We're very sorry." They plead and bow in apology.