[34] - Arlong Park Arc ~ 4

️Ch.34: Straw Hats Reunited! Introductions to New Crewmates! And The Real Story Is Told!🏴️️

No one spoke a word after Johnny's proclamation.

"You can't be serious!" Yosaku is the one to finally break the silence.

Johnny seats himself on the ground. "Yeah, it's true. She was a traitor all along. She's been winning Arlong's favor, so she could have the treasure buried in Cocoyashi Village all to herself. That woman is just a cold-blooded killer. She won't stop until she gets what she wants. Nami had us fooled the entire—"

The bounty hunter is quickly cut off by Luffy rushing in and grabbing him by his jacket, hauling him up so he can look the rubber boy dead in the eye. Luffy didn't even notice that his precious straw hat had fallen from his head.

"Quiet! Say another word and you'll regret it!" He growls.

I decide to step between the two before things would get uglier. "Easy, Lu. Don't kill the messenger. This has absolutely nothing to do with Johnny, as much as I don't like to hear this kind of thing coming from someone who doesn't even know Nami."

"Go on, Big Sis (First Name). Believe whatever you want, but I know what I saw. Nami killed Big Bro Usopp!" Johnny shouts, not caring what Luffy could do to him.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH! NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS WOULD NAMI KILL USOPP!! SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT TO HER FRIENDS!" Luffy bellows.

"But . . .But I saw it!"

"What was that about friends, Luffy?" A familiar voice makes their presence known.

I look away from Johnny to see Nami.

"Nami." Luffy gasps as he drops Johnny and turns to face the orange-haired girl.

"What are you doing here?" She demands with her arms crossed with her wooden Bo staff out and a guarded cold gaze aimed at them.

"What are we doing here?" Luffy repeats as he picks up his hat off the ground and readjusts it atop his head. "You're our friend. Came to get you." He explains.

"What a pest." Nami scoffs.

"Nami?"

At Luffy's confused look, Nami continues. "Friends, huh? Don't make me laugh." She says with a blank, yet cold, look, stunning Luffy into silence. "You're just pathetic enough to deserve each other."

Johnny then jumps forward from behind Luffy and points a finger at Nami. "Damn you! You killed him! I watched you do it! And now . . .Big Bro Usopp is gone!"

Nami smirks. "Yup, that's right. So, why don't you kill me and get you revenge."

Johnny is taken aback by Nami's statement. "Geh . . .What?"

Nami twirls her Bo staff. "Word to the wise, fellas. Because of your friend's stupidity, Arlong is preparing to kill Zoro, along with his entire crew. And I don't care how monstrously strong you guys think you are, you're no match for the real monsters. I promise, you stay on this island, you will die."

💥And just what does she think you are?💥 Trigger mutters to me. 💥She's never seen you when you're pissed or when those you care for are being threatened. Now that's a real monster.💥

If the situation wasn't so dire, I might have laughed. But this is no laughing matter, especially when the girl brings up death. I unconsciously rub a spot over my shirt just above my cleavage where one of the nastiest scars I have lies. As hard as it was to believe, I have died before and it was a miracle that I'm still standing here for all to see. I wasn't afraid for my own life when it happened. I was afraid I wouldn't have been able to fulfill my promise to my not-yet captain back then and to all the other people I've made promises to.