[18] - Treasure Island Arc ~ 1

🏴️️Ch. 18: Treasure Island? Gaimon and His Weird Companions!🏴️️

 18: Treasure Island? Gaimon and His Weird Companions!🏴‍☠️️

The following morning begins hilariously. The sea was calm, but the crew on board the freshly made pirate ship certainly wasn't. Usopp was up at the sheep figurehead claiming he is the captain of this crew.

"You pathetic, little maggots." He says to an imagined enemy, with a faux serious expression. "You would knowingly attack the invincible fleet of pirates commanded by Captain Usopp of the Going Merry!" He leaps onto the main deck before fighting imagined enemies with a long stick as his fake sword. "Attack them! Show no mercy!"

I look up from constructing a new weapon I've worked on designing as of late, and since I actually have a more spacious area to construct them, I'm going to craft to my heart's content.

Usopp finally takes note of how no one but me is paying attention to him. Nami is going over her maps, Zoro is, once again, taking a nap on the deck, and Luffy is over in the corner working on something that I haven't yet identified.

"Geeze. I really expected you guys to be a little bit more lively than this." Usopp comments.

"I finished!" Luffy suddenly shouts causing Usopp to nearly jump out of his skin.

Luffy holds up a black flag with a very . . . abstract, or in better terms, disfigured drawing of what looks to be a skull and crossbones with his signature straw hat.

 abstract, or in better terms, disfigured drawing of what looks to be a skull and crossbones with his signature straw hat

Luffy chuckles at his work. "Look! Our pirate mark! Now that Usopp joined we've got five people and eight animals. That's almost a whole crew! I think it's about time we got our own flag!" He explains excitedly, unaware of how bad his artwork actually is.

Zoro looks to our captain with a worried, slightly horrified expression. "Luffy, is that really gonna be our mark?"

Luffy, obviously not understanding our concerns, just has that giant grin on his face. "What do ya think? Nice, huh?"

"Our mark should be scary. It should strike fear into our enemies' hearts." Zoro remarks.

💥It could stoke fear of our captain's artistically challenged nature.💥 Trigger voices. 💥Because that's how I'm feeling right now.💥