[13] - Syrup Village Arc ~ 5

🏴️️Ch.13: The Terrifying Duo! Meowban Brothers vs. Zoro & (First Name)!🏴️️

"Well, it's about time." Nami comments sitting up after being knocked away by one of the Black Cat Pirates.

Usopp is left in shock at me single-handedly knocking every one of the opposing pirate crew's cronies right back at the base of the slope. "Wow, that was great! You really are the 'Seafaring Siren'. If the water manipulation wasn't proof enough, the fish limbs are a dead giveaway."

I hadn't even taken notice of the sudden emergence of my appendages and height increase. Too caught up in the fighting.

"Could you have been slower?" Nami complains. "What took you so long?"

Zoro growls. "You're the one who pushed me down that oil slick, so you could get out!"

"It was an accident. I slipped, you fell. At least one of us made it out of there; That's better than both of us being stuck at the bottom." She argues.

"IT SHOULD HAVE JUST BEEN YOU!" He growls again.

"'Run straight north' he says." That's just great! I mean how am I supposed to know which way north even is out here, huh?" Fumes Luffy.

"All the more reason you should've asked!" I bash the straw hat wearing boy across the head. "Or even just follow right behind me!"

"She's right! You're the one who ran away so sure of yourself; Ready to take on anyone." Usopp groans.

"Well I just got so excited I started running, ya know." Luffy explains, now much calmer than before.

I look down to the downed Black Cat Pirates, some beaten with bruises and others sopping wet from my earlier defensive attack. Jango is the only one standing at this point. The fallen try to push themselves from the ground but have neither the will nor strength to fully stand upright. Jango reaches into his coat pocket and takes out another pendulum and begins to swing it in front of the faces of the rest of the men.

"If our enemy is strong, then we must become stronger than them. Here, stare deeply into this ring. Now I will count one, two, Jango and after that you will all begin to grow stronger, your wounds will heal, and you will grow stronger still." He commands.

"So, what is he doing? It looks weird." Luffy states with his usual cluelessness.

"Looks like hypnosis. He's trying to convince them they're stronger than they are. Like that'll work." Nami criticizes.

"Don't doubt anything that can happen on the seas. I can do something of similar concept, but it's not nearly as silly as what this guy's doing." I speak.

"You can hypnotize people, (First Name)?" Usopp questions.

"Mmhm." I nod. "It happens when I change my voice to a certain pitch. But I don't like to use it unless in seriously dire situations or I desperately need information. I call it the 'Siren Song'. I don't like using it too much because it feels like I'm stripping a person of their free will."

"Stronger!" Jango commands. "One, two, JANGO!"

The Black Cat Pirates suddenly begin to bellow and cheer. Getting to their feet as if they hadn't been winded just moments before, all their eyes completely white with only their sclera visible, void of any iris or pupil.

"No way!" Nami cries.

One pirate delivers a one-handed punch to the side of the cliff and gouges a large chunk from it.