[35] - Arlong Park Arc ~ 5

🏴️️Ch.35: Bellemere's Angel! The Story of the Yellow Pearl Comes to Light!🏴️️

Chu, Kuroobi, and Hachi are now investigating the debris of what looks to be a ship that fell from the sky. The Puakai goes unseen by the three Fishmen because (First Name) had enough sense to move her boat out of sight.

"That's really strange." Hachi states. "I've never seen a ship fall out of the sky before."

"Yeah. Me neither." Kuroobi agrees. "It would seem we have some unusual visitors."

"The question is: Why are they here?" Chu comments.

Hachi is then the first to spot Luffy walking by, minding his own business. (First Name) and her pack nowhere in sight due to them taking different walking paths. The Siren taking the one less traveled on through the thick forests.

"Hey, you guys! Look!" The octopus Fishman's six arms point at the unfamiliar face. "He's not from this island."

Luffy's eyes are shadowed by the brim of his straw hat as he continues his walk. He then looks up to spot the three large Fishmen. "Oh, wow! They must be Fishmen. I guess (First Name) isn't really one after all. She's much better looking in her fish form." Luffy wasn't even aware that he just spoke of his first mate in such a way.

The Fishmen watching the raven-haired boy with more curiosity than malice. Luffy didn't pay the school of Fishmen any mind and kept up his steady pace and walks right by.

"Hey! You there! Wait!" Hachi growls.

Luffy stops and turns back at the school of Fishmen. "Huh? You mean me?"

"Who are you? And what're you doing on this island?" The octopus Fishman demands.

"Why? What does it matter to you?" Luffy responds back.

"Well . . .it's just that we . . .don't get many visitors." Hachi is taken aback by the boy's casual response.

"Oh, well my name's Luffy. I'm just passing through."

"Huh? 'Passing through'? Well, have a nice time!" Hachi calls out as he waves handkerchiefs in all six of his hands in farewell.

"Hey, smartass. Where are you going?" Chu asks.

"Heck if I know."

Hachi just laughs as the boy continues his walk. "He seems like he'd be a fun guy to have around."

"Yeah, sure." Chu remarks. "But who the hell is he?"

"He walked right by us and wasn't even intimidated." Kuroobi grunts. "I've never seen that before."

🏴‍☠️️☠🏴‍☠️️

Meanwhile, with Usopp, Sanji, Ghin, and a sleeping Zoro, Nojiko begins her story of her, Nami and their foster mother Bellemere.

☠🏴‍☠️️☠

Back at Bellemere's house, the ex-Marine watches over her daughter, who recently awoke from her sleep.

"Nojiko." Nami looks around the empty room, her sister nowhere in sight. "Wonder where she ran off to."

"She said she had something to take care of." Bellemere explains as she brings in a basket of her tangerines.

Nami eyes the tangerines and smiles, recalling the times she was happier with her mother and sister by her side, before all this madness occurred. "Just a little more, Bellemere." She murmurs. "Just a little more, and everything will be ours again. Cocoyashi Village. The tangerine farm. Everything." She says aloud.