The Clans

HEEElLLOOOO

***

"Carlisle, how are you," Josef said rolling up to the house in a limo. Mick and a blond girl that smelled human came following. 

Carlisle understood why Alice and Jasper took Charlie hunting far away now. The human woman. "Could be better, could be worse." 

Mick smelled the air. Then looked at Carlisle, "You smell really weird," he stated simply. 

Smiling, Carlisle nodded. "I know. Alice tells me this a lot. This is what I mean though. I don't run as fast. I tested my running ability from Bella's house to here. I started panting after a mile and a half." 

Josef went inside the kitchen and moved the secret compartment to get the fresh human blood. "Cold, not warm. You and Mick are a lot alike," he stated getting a glass and helping himself. Carlisle let him, knowing that they didn't use that much of it. "Now, the myth stating True Mating. what all does it say again?"

"True Mating happens when two people, one human one vampire consummate a relationship and their hearts become one. They "found" their true mate. It doesn't happen often. Many people think that they should be true mates and then nothing happens and they write off True Mating as a myth."

Josef took a drink. "Mick have you and Beth done it?"

Mick glanced at Beth and they stammered a bit. Then Beth came out and said, "Almost, but not really. We don't "qualify" for True Mating."

"Then it will  be hard to find out if its indeed true mating. There's one other thing that could be happening, but I've never heard it happening this late in a Vampire's life." Josef stating, more to himself. "Mick, Beth, its going too far to ask if you two can, do it like you mean it isn't it?"

Beth's eyes widened and a shocked smile came across her face while Mick scoffed at Josef. "Really man?" 

"What? It was only a question!" Josef defended himself. "Hmm, well lets see. The only other thing it could be if its not true mating, which its a hard thing to prove or disprove right now," Josef said with a quick look to Mick, "is that, Carlisle, your body is trying to accommodate a gift that is taking a long time to fully develop. Or that only works with another gift, such as if Bella became a vampire and had a gift. It would work to compliment that gift."

"But its hard to prove anything right now. So, I'm gonna go make some phone calls, get a freshie for me, and some more store blood for Mick, then we're gonna find out what the hell is going on with you Carlisle."

***

Hello

Yes, its me. Back. Sorry. Life has officially kicked my ass. Anyway. I'm back for a bit. Hope to finsh this story in the next week.