Chapter 13

Thanks to all who commented on my last Chapter. And the questions.

The last one was...I guess you could say a filler.

Her you go.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's sit down," Alice said, motioning for Bella to sit on the couch.

She did so in a hurry, desperate to find out what happened to her father.

"Jasper and I were in Seattle, walking down an alley. That's when I smelled Bella's sent. The sent had a musky odor to it though, so I thought it must be Charlie. When I went closer to see, the sent changed. It turned bloodlike, and decayed." Alice said. There was a hint of worry in her voice that couldn't be hidden.

"What do you think Carlisle?" Jasper asked.

I didn't answer right away. "The only thing that comes to mind is...very rare, but none the less possible." I said slowly.

"It sounds like Charlie has been bitten, but the transition didn't work. So, now, he's changing back and forth from newborn to human." I said, glancing at Bella.

She had a look of utmost worry on her face.

"It's not painful, or even permanent. It just makes the person very scared and unstable." I quickly told her before she could start worrying even further.

"How does it happen Carlisle? I've never heard of it before." Alice said.

I shrugged, holding Bella's hand. "It happens when a human gets bitten, but the vampire doesn't bite hard enough to break the skin clearly. However, as I said, it's very rare. The only way for it to stop is to let it run its course. In about three weeks, he will become stable and his body will decide if it is to become a vampire or not. It there is enough venom."

Bella's heart started to race. "Are we going to go get him?" She asked impatiently.

"I can't, and neither can you. I want you to stay beside me at all times until Charlie gets back here. There must be a reason why he was taken, so until that reason is found out, you stay with me." I said firmly.

Bella looked as if she was going to argue, but then smirked a little and nodded. I was a little scared by that smirk, but I didn't say anything.

"We'll go get him." Alice said, standing. She held out her hand for Jasper to take. He did with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Bella, they will be here. It takes time to catch a vampire, let alone a scared one." I said soothingly.

Bella had been pacing the room for the past twenty minutes, scared to death. She stopped in front of me with a worried look on her face. I knew what she was thinking. What if Charlie was dead? I pulled her onto my lap and started rubbing her back. She buried her face into my still bare chest.

Soon, Bella's breathing slowed down. She fell asleep. Sometimes I wish I could fall asleep just to pass the time. Inside, I was scared to death that Charlie would be dead, but I didn't want to let on to Bella. She had enough on her plate at the moment.

About an hour later, I heard a car pull up. "Bella."

Her eyes popped open as if she was never asleep.

"They here?" She asked.

I chuckled a little and nodded. Bella jumped off my lap and ran to greet them. However, I grabbed ahold of her hand before she got to far away. She looked back at me as if I just slapped her.

"You stay back until I know for sure if Charlie will hurt you. This is a dangerous situation." I said.

I could tell she didn't want to, but she agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HHEHEH

Sorry, but I want to know your thoughts.

What do you think of this chapter?

Do you think Charlie will die, or be turned?

Vote

Comment

Fan