Chapter 6

Hey I hope you like this.

Bella had just gotten out of the shower as I was walking into my room to change out of the clothes I had on yesterday. I averted my eyes away from her body hidden by the towel.

“So, what do you want to do today? ” I asked.

She thought for a minute. As she thought, I paced the halway, trying not to look at Bella. Even though I had 3 centuries worth of control in me, whenever she looked at me, it made me feel like an animal, and I had to work even harder to control myself. I still loved Esme. However, the more time I spend with Bella, it makes me think that maybe Esme and I aren't meant to be. It hurt a little bit, but I know Esme would find someone different. I’m not saying that I’m divorcing her yet, but I know that she would have no trouble finding a new husband.

“Well, we could go out to eat. Because I’m hungry and I don't want a vampire to cook my food.” She smiled in a jokingly way. “I mean how unsanitary is that. Drinking blood and cooking at the same time.” She grinned. I chuckled and whipped an invisible tear from my eyes.

“Then get changed. I’m not taking you out to eat like that.” I said in a firm, joking voice. “I have a reputation around here.”

She smiled. I watched as she walked over to me with a smirk. A part of me was terrified of what she may be thinking. Then she shook her head. Droplets of water from her hair hit me square in the face. She winked and headed upstairs to get ready. After she disappeared, I headed to get ready also. After I changed I went downstairs to wait for Bella, but she was already down there in a white tank top and blue jeans. A big smile plastered on her face.

“Ready Grandpa?” She asked walking to the door.

I laughed at that. I've never been called that before. “Yep, come on youngster.” I replied in a grumpy voice.

That made Bella laugh so loud, she ran into the door, forgetting to open it first. I stifled a laugh as I helped her up.

“Let's go.” I let her drive again. It didn't bother me if we were going what felt like ten miles an hour. That just meant that we would have more time together.

We went to the diner. Not very fancy, but perfect for Bella. I lead her to a small table in the back, away from the others that were staring at us. I had no problem ignoring them as I have to all the time when a young girl comes in the hospital (Nurse or patient) and tries to get my attention. Its the Vampire in me. I wasn't that good looking when I was a human.

However I wasn't sure because I was too busy trying to please my dad who hunted things like me. When the waitress came to our table, Bella ordered a spinach salad and a soda. I ordered a soda so not to draw attention to the fact that I don't eat food.

When the food came, we both were quiet. Bella was eating and I pretended to take a drink of soda every now and again. I think the reason that we didn't say anything was because of the eyes staring at us. We both were afraid we'd say something that would let on that I was a vampire.

“Why don't they just stare at us like we're a pair of monsters?” Bella said miserably a bite of salad halfway to her mouth. Then she stared at me. I smiled at her.

“Speak for yourself.” I told her softly with a chuckle.

She cleared her throat to hide a laugh. As she continued to eat, I watched her. Something must be done. I still was in love with Esme, but I loved Bella now too. And what's more, I shouldn't love her. It was wrong. I felt like a cheater. No, I was a cheater. I kissed Bella twice, and I wanted to now. I groaned.

She looked at me. “You okay?”

I nodded. This was like yesterday. Man, I hate love. When she was finished, I paid and lead her to the truck. People were staring at us. I glanced at a piece of my skin to see if I was sparkling, which I wasn't. They were just surprised to see me and Bella together.

Bella drove back to the house where we just sat in the truck. Neither of us moved. She looked at me and said, “Thanks for staying.”

“Bella, your a part of this family. Edward did wrong.” I smiled and kissed her temple. I really wanted it to be her lips though.

She turned to face me and kissed my lips softly. I don't know if it was because she was a little emotional or what, but I liked it. I kissed her back. Gently, I brought her onto my lap, still kissing her. A growl escaped my lips as she ran her hands in my hair. Then, what Alice said yesterday hit me. She loves someone else. Great for him. But I’m the one kissing her right now.

I know that it us just because she is feeling a little off today. She had been texting in the diner, making me think that it was the guy she was in love with. My heart sank. As I continued to kiss, my phone went off. Pulling back, I opened the text.

Youre an idiot. Love Alice.

I laughed at that. Thanks Alice, love you too. But she is in love with someone else. She was texting someone else. It was the one that she was in love with. I know it. Besides I still love Esme. I cant love Bella.

I shut my phone and looked at Bella flushed on top of me. She climbed off and I got out. I held my breath as we went inside. I didn't need to smell her right now. I am about three seconds away from jumping on her right now.

Carlisle, it was me she was texting. She is in love with you, idiot. Do something. And Esme isn't a part of this anymore. You need to divorce her before it gets out of control. Trust me. 

“She cant be in love with me. “ I muttered as Bella went to get a book. I did trust Alice, but the things that she said to do and that is happening to me is far fetched. I cant be in love with her. Esme is my wife. Bella is not in love with me.

Every time you say something like that I will text you this: idiot. Xx

I rolled my eyes. Good old Alice. Glancing at Bella, who was intrigued by a book, I ran upstairs to call Alice instead.

She picked up on the first ring.

“Idiot,” She said amusingly.

“You're getting a kick out of this aren’t you?” I asked sitting down on my desk.

“I find it amusing, yes.”

“Why?”

“Because, it's obvious to everyone but you. Even Bella is starting to realize it. You need to do something, Carlisle. Forget about Esme for right now. Just do something.” Then a dial tone. I hated it when she did that.

I sighed and twiddled my thumbs, thinking.

Do something. I thought. Forget about Esme for right now.

Okay, I will.

~~~

I hope you like it.

Comment

fan

vote.