Chapter 10

I'm Back Finally.

Broke my ankle and was homebound for over a month. I hate 2014 right now.

But anyway thanks for still sticking with the story and everything. You guys are the greatest. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been over a month and Charlie hasn't shown up. Bella has been getting increasingly testy when Alice tells her she hasn't got a clue of who has Charlie or where he is. Jasper helps with her emotions as much as he can, but it doesn't help that much. Her emotions are everywhere, on her dad, us, her mom and Phil, and the rest of the gang, wherever they are. Even Edward.

She cries at night, screams, and its to the point where it's even draining me of energy. It feels as if I need to take a long nap, but I am reminded by Alice's "Idiot Messages" that I am a vampire and can't sleep. As if I could forget the fact that I'm a vampire.

"Carlisle, go hunt. You look like you need it," Jasper commented when I entered the living room after comforting another of Bella's nightmares.

"Not yet. Bella needs me." It was always my excuse.

"We will take care of Bella for a little bit while you hunt. We aren't helpless you know," Alice said.

I shook my head. What if she had another nightmare while I was out. I was the only one who could calm her enough to even think about sleep again, not to mention going to sleep.

"Who do you think is killing the animals?" I asked for the fifth time that day to change the subject.

The animal attacks were getting closer to our hunting area, and increasing. over one hundred pets from all around were being killed. A few nights ago, there were stories on the news about "Vampires", which begs the question "How long will the Volturi let this go on?" The one person that kept coming to my mind when I think of the animal attacks is Edward.

Alice says it isn't though. She doesn't know where he is, but I still think that he's up to something.

***

Damn! That's the second time this week I've almost lost control. I need to get a better handle of my feelings and emotions around Bella. I've lost control around Bella more times in the past few months then I have in the first year I became a vampire.

When I went back into "Bella's" room. She was sitting on the bed, smiling a little. I went to sit beside her.

"Bella, what happened--"

"Don't say it was a mistake. I can't take that rejection. It was great. It made me feel happy." She said.

I couldn't respond to that. But I tried. "I wasn't going to say it was a mistake. I don't regret it. but it shouldn't have happened. Not until you were fully ready."

"Who says I wasn't ready?" Bella asked a little fumed.

I took no notice of her tone. "Bella, if pregnancy was at all possible in our situation, do you think you would be able to care for the child? And what about your dad?"

"I know when I'm ready, Carlisle, and I was ready. I am." She said after three minutes of silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what do you think?

Feedback on this chapter is appreciated.

What will happen next?