"This week classes finish," I told him.

"Good, when is your first exam?"

"In two weeks," I admitted.

He grinned, "That's made my day. You can hunt and kill without anyone worrying you are gone."

I shifted uncomfortably.

"Don't worry. You won't even have to get your hands dirty," Cronus' laugh filled the room. It was a beautiful joyful sound that was out of sorts with the topic of conversation. He nodded at me, "You know, 'cause of your shadowkinesis."

That wasn't it. Well, it was part of it. I still wasn't comfortable with this upcoming killing that was expected of me.

"Do you get it?" Cronus asked.

"Yeah," I snapped, "It's not that."

"What is it then?"

"My friends have invited me to a party to celebrate finishing school."

Cronus sobered up and shook his head, "I hope you told them you can't go."

"No. What reason do I have for not going?"

"That your days are numbered to kill a werewolf."

"But I can't tell them that."

"No, but you can lie. Tell them you are washing your hair but don't go to a party with people you won't even remember several centuries from now."

That idea was chilling. I thought of everyone I loved in my life and how one day, I would outlive them all.

The young lad came in carrying a silver tray with food on for us. He placed it down in front of us and then left the room. I went to use my powers to lift the pot to pour my tea but Cronus reached out and took it and poured my cup, "Save your power. Today, I am going to teach you to track."

Cronus and I finished our tea and cakes in silence. I think he had anticipated our meeting going differently but I had ruined the atmosphere by mentioning the party. Afterwards, Cronus and I took a walk. We walked to a local woodland called The Grove that wasn't far from the hotel.

We founded a secluded spot on the trail.

"Close your eyes." Cronus instructed. I did as he said. I could feel him move closer towards me. "This of the last time you saw him. The way he made you feel. His smell. The way he tasted."

I thought back to the night on the clifftops, the way he struck fear in me but quickly warmed my heart. His eyes lit up a warm gold like fire and the heat and ran through my body. I remembered the way he kissed me, the way I wanted more. The earthy scent that surrounded me as I was pressed down into the ground. The way he touched me and made my skin burn and crave for more. I wanted to be burnt all over by him. I remembered that desperate need for him.

I started breathing heavily as that need for him consumed me. I felt Cronus' breath on my neck, "Oh, you liked it."

My mind swirled with confusion. Was I not supposed to have enjoyed it. It had felt so good and he had been so handsome. His strong jaw, his blonde hair. Like a mature version of Jace. A man. I groaned that I couldn't have more of him.

I saw green, blue and purple lights. Like a breathtaking electric ribbon. It reminded me of the northern lights but it moved and stretched out into a straight line.

"Do you see the lights?" Cronus asked knowingly.

I nodded.

"You can open your eyes now."