Chapter:1

Happy or Sad?
Sad.
But I warn you,
I will break your heart.
Already broken.

- Peaky Blinders

Unedited...

********

A phone call was the first time Marlyn heard from him. That might be the first time in her life someone talk to her rudely. She feel bitter about that. Without her fault she got scolded. She was angry and scared that even after his rudeness, she told him the address.

The next when Marlyn saw him it was right outside of her mother's employer house asking he was asking for Cassandra.

His eyes soften as he looked at her with his dark black eyes. Her heart fluttered, his black hair out of place.

She could not blink her eyes as she stare at him blushing. He was tall, almost a head taller then her. She have never seen any man as beautiful as Austin.

Beautiful.

That's an odd way to describe a man but she did. Ben who was a guard at her employer's house told her it was a silly crush. It will go away with time she does not need to think and truth to be told she also thought that way. If only that was true?

After a few hours she saw the same man again but this time it was different.

He came back to murder her employer. He was angry beyond doubt to the point that he scared her. But his anger was justified.

Scared not knowing what to do she did what she thought was the right thing to do and she opened her big mouth which she usually keeps shut.

Her mother intervened but she already make a blunder.

Not only did she get into trouble, she troubled her sick mother. Her employer did what any other employer would do throw her out of the house with her sick mother though at that particular time she have no idea how sick her mother was.

Austin was there and asked her to come with him as her mother fall even more sick.

The drive to the hospital was excruciating. She was on the verge of crying and the fact that her mother's face paled as minute passed by make her heart galloped in fear.

The moment they entered the hospital. Austin ordered people to check on her mother.

"You can go back" He told Ben who was her employer's guard. She was sitting and waiting while Autin was busy talking to people she have no idea.

"Are you alright?" Austin asked taking a sit beside her as much as he wants to enter the operating theater he can't this is the policy of the hospital.

She looked down her eyes filled with unwanted tears. She did not want to cry but worry coped with guilty make her shiver.

"Hey" He cupped her face softly wiped her tears.

"It's not your fault" He reassured her but she was too worried to believe his words. Was not this all her fault? Then how could he say this was not her fault? If only she keep her mouth shut.

"She is already sick. So, if you blame yourself. You will just hurt your mother's feeling" She sobbed her shoulder shake at his reassurance. He put his hand on her shoulder.

"I will do what I can" Austin said sighing his arm crossed as he looked up. That day she understood that he won't give false assurance. And a part of her was grateful for that.