With those old thought coming back and rolling around my head, I felt my heart drop. It felt like a heavy weight was dropped onto my shoulders. I closed my heart and put up a brick wall to my mind, closing off all my feelings. 

"Angel, are you ok?" Nathan whispered, I saw him look at me quick and then back at the road. That little glance I could see worry in his deep ocean blue eyes. I just nodded my head but kept quiet. Nathan sighed quietly and started to rub small circles on the back of my hand with the pad of his thumb. 

"We are back on our territory Angel, would you like to run the rest of the way home? I always feel better after a run. I feel more free and I let my worries disappear when I am running." Nathan asked me quietly. I looked out at the dark trees, thinking. 

"What about the truck being safer?" I asked. 

"It will be ok now that we are in our territory. And even if some rogues attack, I can protect you and I have many warriors on call." He assured me. I nodded my head shyly. "Hold on, let me mind link a scout to let them know to bring the truck back to the pack house." After a few seconds, Nathan smiled at me then unbuckles his seatbelt. I followed his lead and unbuckled as well. Once we were out of the truck, Nathan led me into the trees a little ways. 

"Do you know how to shift?" He asked me. I shook my head no. "All you have to do is imagine yourself as your wolf, picture your body in your mind, changing and shifting into your wolf form. Does that make sense?" I nodded my head. "Just go behind one of the trees, take off your clothes, tie them loosely around your ankle, and shift. Ok?" I nodded my head. I walked away from Nathan and behind a large tree I saw. 

Slightly embarrassed, I peeled off my clothes and tied them loosely around my ankle like he said, then closed my eyes. I imagined my small skinny, pale body and watched in my mind as fur started to cover my body. I pictured my face expanding and stretching into a wolf's. Not long after, I felt a familiar shift of bones. This time it was kind of painful, but not in a bad way. The only way to explain it is like standing up for the first time after sitting in the same position for a long time. When you stretch and everything pops and stretches, a refreshing pain. I stepped out from behind the tree and looked for Nathan.

I jumped unexpectedly when I saw a huge black wolf. At first fear washed over me, I still wasn't used to seeing wolves. The fear quickly went away when I realized it was Nathan. He walked over to me with his head down to my level. He licked my muzzle and rubbed his face against mine. 

You ready love?

He asked me over the link. I nodded my head and we started to run, side by side. Nothing but the forest, the starry sky above, and each other mattered. Nathan was right, a run did feel nice, and he was right with the fact that paws sounded like hooves if you listened close enough. We ran for a while, just enjoying each other's company and the wind through our fur. 

Can I take you somewhere special Bailey?

Of course Nathan.

Nathan changed direction just a little and I followed. We ran for a few more minutes till we came up to a large hill. He walked up it and helped me every time I slipped on a loose rock or damp grass. Once we finally reached the top, I was awe struck by what I saw. There was a small clearing at the top of the hill with soft grass and beautiful flowers but what was the most beautiful was the sky. 

There were no other mountains around so the sky was clear all the way around. I could see the horizon on all sides of me, not a single thing blocking my vision of the sky. The sky was such a dark blue it almost seemed black, and it probably did to any being with normal vision, but thanks to my werewolf vision, I could see the tint of blue among the black.