"Uh..I can't walk that much.." my mind said to me.

"Huh.." I replied as I pushed myself to the alley it lead to.

Somebody removed the cover from my bike.

And some birds shit onto it.

"This day keeps getting better and better," I remarked at the mess, as I felt a little light-headed.

It was a long ride home. I could have turned for an early morning snack at the Burger place.

After all, she'll be just about making her way there. And maybe explain everything to her..

And I did want to. After all, I almost died. It changes your perspective on decisions. But I finally had clarity as to why I couldn't...and also, because I couldn't face her again. Not after I left her hanging.

But anyway, yesterday was a big day, despite the mishap at the end.

I could have had a lead on Deathstroke. But, I couldn't give him a chance to escape or reveal my identity to the world. I can't stop Wilson if I'm behind the bars or hunted down like public enemy number one.

'At least, this way, I did one thing right today. Rid the world of another monster,' I told myself.

I only had one task left.

Well, after a shower, maybe.

I made my way to the underground entry in the mansion.

"Mom's having breakfast.." I concluded from my secret cameras throughout the house.

Stumbling in the stairs, I made my way to my secret room.

"Home, sweet, home!" I whispered as I finally closed the entrance to my cave and fell to my bed for a minute.

'No time to lose..' I reminded myself and stood up.

I turned on the hot water and headed for my very own version of a trial.

I stood in front of the mirror as I got rid of my top. I do that every time I kill. It keeps me..sane. As doing is one thing and watching yourself do it is another. So, when I don't feel remorse looking into my own eyes, glancing at the hands which just ripped out another life, it brings a sense of peace in me.

That what I'm doing is right. That I'm on the path of righteousness.

As long as I can look into my own eyes and not tremble or flinch, I'm doing pretty good. Doesn't mean that I'm not shaken every time I go outside. It just means I can live with it.

And every time I successfully walk away from the mirror, I know they are proud of me.

Yet, every now and then, some reddish stain appears in the reflection. And it reminds of the brutality involved. Real lives being at stakes and whatnot.

I removed my pants and other underbits and threw them away.

Looking at the big bad claw mark in my flesh embedded deep into the skin, also helped. The mark that marred me.

As I touched the former wound with my fingers, along it's trajectory, it reminded me as to why I killed in the first place.

As to why it was the only way.

Having accepted that once again, I turned slowly to head to the washroom, when a big red file captured my attention.

This is what Laurel was talking about.

I didn't want to open it. For somehow, I knew what was contained in it.

"Of course.." I said in my lips, as I threw the file away, after having my fears confirmed.