I touched my ears to see what was wrong with them, only to be met with something warm and wet. Pulling my hand away from my face once more, I noticed the new red spot on my fingertips. My ears were bleeding from the pitch that I heard the scream. Even as I sat between my mother and Stiles, my ears continued to ring, and it was connected with Lydia in some way.

After an hour, Stiles had come by my room once more holding Lydia's hospital gown and stated, "I'm about to meet up with Scott to look for her. We'll find her okay, so just try to stay here."

I crossed my arms, "I hate pretending I'm still injured. I have been okay since this a few hours ago."

"Well, records show you still have a few more days to recover, especially your leg," a new voice announced.

My mother was standing before my bed now as she held herself tightly. Lydia is like a daughter to her as well, so to see her go missing after what happened to her must be causing her more harm than good.

"You can't just tell them to let me out a bit sooner?" I asked, "Be at home but be able to go about my room at least?"

"I'm working on it," she laughed, "I'm a doctor, but your injuries were very serious. I can't have them test you out, only to find you are completely healed."

I sighed, allowing myself to collapse back on my pillows, "Fine."

"I'll keep you posted on the whole Lydia situation, okay," Stiles commented as he gave me a kiss on my cheek and headed out of the hospital.

"I hate this," I huffed, crossing my arms.

"And you'll get over it," my mother sighed back, "You know the consequences of hiding your identity to the world."

"But Lydia could be feeling completely lost," I told her, "All I want is to be there for her."

"And I know that," my mother sighed as she took a seat beside me on my hospital bed, "You'll see that Stiles and Scott will find her and she will be completely fine."

"I felt her fear..." I announced to her.

That caused her to look at me as she asked, "What do you mean by that?"

I shifted my body to face my mother in a comfortable way and told her everything I felt. From the sinking fear that I began to feel out of nowhere to figuring out that it was Lydia from hearing her cries before the loud scream that followed. I tried to describe the feeling of how I heard the scream in my head and the ringing that now that I think about it sounded more like whispers in my head all telling me to find them.

"Was it Lydia asking you to find her?" she asked.

That was the part that scared me as I shook my head, "No, it was multiple voices. But the one that really stuck to me was my father's voice among them..."

"That must be the trauma you got from the scream," my mother quickly tried to brush off that thought, "The level her scream must have messed with your brain to hear things"

"But-"

"Juliette," my mother snapped, facing me, "Your father is dead, now leave it that way."

The fact that she had snapped and talked to me in such a serious tone made me pull back from her. It was as if she slapped me in the face but never really did the act. Like a mental slap in the face. I had pulled a nerve with her and now she was not having my theory about what I heard. So I just sat back into my bed like the injured teen I was suppose to look like and laid my head back.

"I'm tired," I told her, trying to hold back tears.

"Juliette-" my mother's tone was softer now but I still didn't want to talk to her anymore.