When she saw Y/N in his room, she immediately scrambled towards him, almost running.

Begging for his remission, with warm tears furiously streaking down her faintly red, tearstained cheeks, which seems morbidly recent, saying she'll never do such a thing ever again.

"I forgive you...".

Ezra
"You.. forgive me... Master.".

"I forgive you. I won't hold it against you. I'm sorry for what my father had done to you during your punishments.".

Ezra
"I deserve it! I almost got you killed, Master!".

...This feeling.

"Don't worry about it, it's nothing... It's nothing..".

Ezra
"Stop acting like you're okay with this. I deserve what I got. No, I deserve worse!".

...What is it.... Upset?

"Ezra, that's enough.".

Ezra
"I'm nothing but a wretched omen, I deserve to be punished even more than this!

...Empathy?

..I don't deserve your kindness!!".

....Both?

"EZRA STOP TALKING!!".

He raised his voice at her, and told her to not worry about it. Everything is fine. His voice, sounding almost dull.

"Go Ezra, have fun with your life. I'll wait here...".

Ezra
"But..---".

"I ORDER YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE, GO HAVE FUN!!".

She leaves the room.

Now, I'm alone. I like it that way... Alone. A person like me doesn't need love. All I have is myself. I'm okay with rotting away alone, dying with nobody around. When I die though, I hope Ezra would've been free. Where her kind is free from any bounds. Where she can be truly happy, away from here.

I've really brought this one on her, huh. I deserved that bullet... I deserved this punishment.

Why do I feel so numb?

All these feelings that I have for her...

...It's numbing away.

Nighttime approaches fast with how gloomy the afternoon's overcasting sky was today.

The awaited downpour fails many's anticipation when not even a single drop of a promising drizzle graces the general vicinity.

The door to Y/N's room barely creaks as the lithe figure slowly slips into the room, taking care with her traipsing steps so as not to alarm the sleeping occupant resting on the bed with any abrupt noises.

She reaches the edges of the bed and stands firmly in place, before whispering with the softest of voices, laden with a besetting tone.

Ezra
"Master...

I have this feeling that I can't describe... It overwhelms me whenever I try to think through it... My... instincts are stirred by this feeling, but I, but.. Do I...".

Certain uncertainty gnaws at her heart, stripping her of the assurance to convey the rest of her unuttered claim.

She lays herself next to him, rubbing her head lightly against his side chest and broad shoulder to find comfort from the stirrings of her mind.

Despite being asleep, he manages to somewhat ungainly and loosely wrap an arm around her ---or her head, to be more specific, petting her softly and slightly ruffling her hair in the process with his slender but calloused fingers.

Ezra could feel the texture of the bandage, strapped around his palm and over his surely bruised but well-anointed knuckles. She bristles in his hold when it reaches lower and caresses her cheek.

Unbidden fingers fiddle a bit more through her hair, causing further dishevelment.

Ezra
"I... Love you, Master..♥️".

He mumbles something incoherent in his sleep, and something barely akin to a kiss grazes the top of her head.

(11/42)