Begin Again

Several days have passed. Ezra nuzzles profusely on the floor of her bedroom, cradling a pillow.

The sounds of music awakens her from her slumber. Her eyes flutter open, and ears perk, slowly, up.

Using her cat eyes, she guides herself through the darkness of the room and the hallways, finally coming across a light illuminating in the distance.

The faint sounds of music reverberates again. Possibly a piano is her best guess.

She slowly gets closer and finally reaches the balcony, looking over the the front door entrance.

Carefully and quietly traversing the steps downstairs, she makes her way towards the location of the music.

Peering her head around the corner, she sees Y/N seated on a piano stool, playing a piece from the score.

("Please adjust your volume. Thank you. Carry on.")

Your Lie in April OST - Again

She was awestruck. She had never saw anyone ever play like this before, to a degree that enthralled her.

Y/N begins again...

Only to mistype a key, and he goes into a silent fit of rage, smashing his hand against the keys.

"..Dammit, try harder!".

He replays the entire song again. Mistyping once more, and smashing his fist into the hardwood of the piano. His hand was duly aching, yet he continued to play; he'll only stop when it's "perfect".

One more time, he mistypes.

Getting off from his stool, he frustratingly raps his fist onto the edge of the piano. Inadvertently slashing the side of his hand.

"Damn...".

Ezra accidentally pushes a chair back. The creaking of the chair, alerting Y/N of the hidden presence.

Ezra brisks the climb up of the banister, latches on to the balcony, proceeds to make a beeline towards her room, and carefully closes the door.

She lays on her spot on the floor; pretending to be asleep, hoping that Y/N did not catch her.

Y/N opens her door, letting a streak of light shines into the room. He spots her on the floor, balled up.

*Sighs*

He picks her up and gently places her on the bed.

From there, he pulls the cover over her form, and soon left the room. Struggling a little, due to his hand being injured and strained from his performance, but he simply powered through it.

Ezra
"...Thank you...".

(5/42)