I just want to be loved.

You are Lia. You just pushed them away.

My head pops up from the couch to a knock at the door. I get up from the couch and I walk to the door and open quickly and a woman stands there with her car keys and phone in her hand.

"Ophelia Lockhart?" She asks.

"Um, yes," I say holding the door open.

"Hi, I'm Luna Harper, well Luna Atwater. Harper is my married name." Oh, shit. Atwater. This is Jasper's sister. I open my mouth to say something, but she pushes past me and walks into my apartment.

"Excuse me, but you can't just walk right in," I say closing the door and following her in.

"Well, I just did. Now, sit down," she says sitting on my couch, "it is time we talk."

I sit down on the couch next to her and we sit in silence for a while.

"Are you going to talk or not?" She asks. Is she waiting for me to start this conversation? Fine.

"Non ho intenzione di parlarti." She looks at me and most people would be completely confused, but-

"Peccato. Lo farai comunque." What. The. Hell.

"You can try to talk in as many languages as you want, but I'll let you know that I know 13, so you won't have much success." Dammit.

"I can tell already that you aren't just going to willingly talk to me, so I am going to ask questions and you are going to answer. Capisce?" I glare at her and she rolls her eyes.

"Okay, what happened between you and my brother? He called me in tears super early this morning waking me and my wife and he kept going on and on about his heart being broken. I then called your boss and he told me where to find you. So, what happened?" The words are stuck in my throat and tears form at the base of my eyes. I place my finger under my nose to try and keep me crying, but the tears start to fall anyways.

"I um- He um-"

"Let me guess, you sent him away because you got scared." I nod my head rapidly hoping that it would somehow stop the tears from flowing. I continue to cry, not finding any words to say.

"I get it, I do. But why lose a great guy over your fear. I don't know your story, and I don't need to, but the past is the past. Let it stay there and don't let it affect your chance at being happy. Your boss speaks so highly of you and he was the one that told me to come over here because he knew that I could talk some sense into you. There are almost 7 thousand languages spoken in the world, but there is only one definition. And it is the one that is in your heart. My brother loves you more than anything, but the big question is, do you love him?" I lift my head at her question.

"Lo amo. L'ho lasciato andare. Sono così fottutamente stupido." I cry more and she wraps her arms around me pulling me into a warm embrace.

At a little while, there is another knock at the door.

"I think you should answer that," Luna says to me. I pull away from her and look at her. She waves for me to go to the door. Her phone starts to ring as I walk towards the door.

"Rose? Yes, I'm at her apartment. No, I really don't care. Well, your policies can suck it. I'll see you later. Love you too." Hmm, Rose's wife is interesting. I didn't think she would be like that or well, Jasper's sister.

I open the front door and I see Jasper standing there. Not expecting that.

"Look, I know that you sent me away, breaking my heart. I thought it was because you didn't love me, but I know now that isn't the case. I understand you are scared, and I get it. I watched my own father break my mother's heart by running off with another woman leaving his family behind without so much as a word. But, I love you, Lia. I don't care if you come from a shitty background, because it doesn't define you. I don't care if you have family problems, because I do too. No matter what you throw at me, it isn't going to change how I feel about you. You can keep pushing me away, but I'm going to fight for you because that is what you do for someone who you love." I stare at him with words stuck in my throat.

Life is full of risks. I never wanted to take any of them because I didn't want to get hurt, but at this moment I took the only one that I had.

I took a step forward and I pressed my lips against his, only after saying, "I love you too."

"