xiv. a many splendored-thing

Start from the beginning

Deciding to shift the conversation away from their current state, she changed the topic to anything else that could make either of them continue to dwell. "So, am I gonna be getting an introduction to this new person you're fawning over in '85 or you gonna let me find out for myself?" Noticing him suddenly grow nervous, she looked to him confused. Marty was awkward as hell, sure, but never with Amanda. They were too comfortable with each other and the sight of him acting like this was strange. "My god you must really like her then if you're shaking like that, blue?"

Trying to get himself to calm down over her not having realized who it was he was referring to, Marty was a stammering mess instead of successfully being able to relax. "It was nothing, honestly? I— I really shouldn't have even said anything to begin with," He tried to explain.

Knowing him well enough to know he was obviously lying and wanted something to distract her from the possibility of not going back home, she continued to egg the conversation on. "Oh, come on! Just tell me! I bet it's Zee from Homeroom, it's gotta be."

Marty took a deep breath suddenly, clasping her hands cut her short of making another smart comment. Doc burst through the shop doors suddenly, having them turn to see him waiting expectantly. Amanda looked to see him frown suddenly without realizing it was due to the interruption. "It is Zee from Homeroom, you got me."

"See, told ya. Why did I think it was me to begin with, c'mon," She thought to herself as she slipped Marty's hand out of her own.

The teens then followed Doc to the way of Hill Valley High. Amanda looked up to see the pristine nature of the high school in '55 as opposed to the absolute shit show its made itself to be in '85. Students were still passing through on their way to school, having her attentively wait to hear what was Doc's plan to help Marty's situation.

"Now remember, according to my theory you interfered with with your parent's first meeting. They don't meet, they don't fall in love, they won't get married and they wont have kids. That's why your older brother's disappeared from that photograph. Your sister will follow and unless you repair the damages, you will be next," Doc explained in a straight-forward manner.

Marty looked on confused. "This sounds pretty heavy," He muttered out and started ahead as Amanda followed along behind him.

"Weight has nothing to do with it?" She turned back to see Doc confused by the phrase, not even trying to confuse him more by explaining it to him. The high school was crowded with numerous teens, all apparently living the same stereotypical social statuses that exist even in '85. Such only making her worry she was going to be stuck in some alternate form of her already shitty high school, except this one is at least cleaner but lacking in friendly faces. "That's him."

Amanda looked over to where Marty was motioning to where his father was, seeing him be picked on by Biff's gang. Noticing her own dad laughing along with them, sbe stopped for a second upon realization. The auburn haired haired woman drifted past the scene unfazed to have her widen her eyes in recollection of the photographs and yearbook she'd found in the attic. "Mom," She spoke under her breath.

Amanda turned around back to see a larger crowd walking past the three of them and left alongside them for a moment. Knowing very well she was putting my own future at risk, there still were answers she could never have from the emotional baggage left by one woman. She just needed to see for herself who her mother was. Being too preoccupied on cornering his father or mother, Marty didn't notice her drifting off and neither did the Doc.