31. Resurrection

Recap: 

Hana dropped to her feet gracefully, catching the enormous wound made upon his body. Lifting her fingers, she shunshinned next to her grandson, eyes fixed upon the jinchurikki. "I leave you for five seconds and this is what happens?" She asked.

"No jokes," Tobirama said tersely, "this situation cannot get any worse."

Obito staggered to his feet, purest loathing in his eyes.

"You're all dead!" He spat, as he lifted his hands. Black rods shot from his palms, impaling the boulders around the shinobi.

"Six Crimson Ray Formation!" He cried, an immense amount of chakra slashing through the rods and enacting the unbreakable barrier around them all.

Hana watched with slitted eyes as Obito created a cocoon around himself, protecting him from the impending Tailed Beast bomb.

"You were saying, Tobirama?" Hana said sarcastically, "If I heard you correctly, you said that 'it can't get any worse', right?"

"Shit," Tobirama cursed as they watched their impending doom

_______________

"Thank God for Kurama," Hana thought as the clouds of debris began to clear, the moon shedding light upon the still-intact Shinobi Alliance. Hana watched out of the corner of her eye as she saw the Fourth Hokage, Minato, touching his fist to Naruto's, a fond look gracing his face. That expression immediately stung, reminding her of a certain red-headed medic nin who looked upon their child the same way. 

"Mikoto," Hana felt a slight, rueful smile tug at the ends of her lips, "how she must hate what I am now." She glanced at Sasuke, her ever emotionless-looking grandson, lifting his head to meet her gaze. "I know that look," Hana thought, "I saw it on myself when I lost everyone. Looks like fate really can't leave us all alone." 

Hana shifted her focus to the battlefield, tuning out the cries of relief from the rest of the forces. It was too early to celebrate victory. 

Obito stood still, suspended in the air, his Sharingan and Rinnegan fixed upon Naruto with a mixture of loathing and something else. Perhaps it was sentiment, though why he had anything to regret at this point, Hana didn't understand. 

Hana kept her hand clenched around her remaining sword, feeling slightly peeved that she broke the other one in her fight with Obito. 

She watched as Naruto gathered his power to enter Tailed-Beast Mode before leaping towards Obito. Exhilaration heating his voice, he cried, "I can feel power welling inside of me now! Let's go--" 

"Naruto!" Tobirama shouted from beside her, eyes narrowed, "letting out a shout and showing off is perfectly alright, but don't tell me you didn't forget that only Sage Jutsu works on him! I know you're not a complete idiot--" 

Naruto suddenly stilled, his golden aura flowing around him in complete silence. 

Then. 

"YOU'RE RIGHT!" He lamented, face twisted in concern and frustration, "I COMPLETELY FORGOT, DAMN IT!" 

Hana sighed. "You were friends with this guy?" She asked Sasuke, who lowered his head, eyebrow twitching. 

"No comment," He replied. 

But no one matched Tobirama's exasperation. 

"YOU'RE AN EVEN BIGGER IDIOT THAN MY OLDER BROTHER!"