Omake #4

A bit of light, fun-crack moments to balance the heaviness of the last chapter.

And maybe a bit of violence on the way. You have been warned.

____________

"I can't believe it!" Hana exclaimed, "I'm actually going on a mission with my sensei and uncle!"

Said sensei and uncle were not too pleased to be assigned to the same mission, but Hashirama had believed that it was a chance for everyone to be reacquainted and hopefully smooth over disputes.

Hana pretended to not see the deathly glares that the two exchanged.

"So," Hana chirped "we just deliver the missive to Kirigakure, right? And then we're going home?"

Tobirama sighed, "Yes. Hopefully, we can get this over with as soon as possible."

"Provided that nothing slows this mission down," Madara emphasized, shooting daggers at Tobirama.

"You know," Hana said brightly, "I think I know the reason you two don't get along."

The two turned to her, eyes narrowed. For a moment, they wondered if some Uchiha blabbed to her about Izuna, but Hana said something completely different instead.

"It's because you two are so alike--"

Tobirama nearly choked and Madara nearly fell backwards.

"What?!" Both of them hissed at the same time.

Hana gestured towards their reactions, "You know this just proves my point."

The two glared at each other before huffing. "Let's go," Tobirama said, "we have little time to lose."

And so, the three of them set off at a swift pace towards their destination. The two adults slowed themselves down slightly for Hana, but she simply increased her pace to match their's. All through the way, Hana chattered about different things from flowers to the new killing technique that she learned from her shishou.

Hashirama had instructed her to try to improve the two's relations, so Hana did her best to engage them in conversation. Madara sometimes responded in little more than grunts and Tobirama said nothing at all.

"You should at least make an effort," Hana commented, "Hashirama was very insistent that you two should get reacquainted."

"Perhaps we don't want to get reacquainted," her uncle said, narrowing his eyes.

Tobirama only delivered a silent glare with those menacing red eyes.

Hana frowned, "Did someone die or something? Why do you despise each other so much?"

The two of them froze slightly at her question before ignoring it completely.

Then, Tobirama suddenly stopped, his feet touching the damp ground on the border. "Stop," he intoned as Hana skidded to a halt. She had also felt the foreign presence of chakra.

Hana opened her senses, her fingers swiftly reaching around the hilt of her right blade. When she blinked, she saw the Kiri nin. Three of them emerged yet Hana could sense that there were far more.

"Why do you block our path?" Tobirama said loudly, "we must get to the Mizukage to deliver our message."

"You are Konoha nin," the leader said, his strange dual pair of swords gleaming at his sides, "You will go no further. We will escort you out."

"We must deliver the message," Tobirama pressed, but Hana senses his tense posture, "You will lead us to the Mizukage."

"Give us the message then," the leader said, "and we will deliver it to the Mizukage."