Firsts

Six months after Casper poured coffee all over my shirt, we finally got together.

Our first date was a cliché and overrated movie and dinner.

Our first kiss was at night, over a cliff, at the night of the full moon. I remember this specifically because Casper ruined the moment with a cheesy chic-flick dialogue.

He officially met my mother and my brother a month later. As expected, he charmed their pants off. My mother still keeps gushing about how charming he is, and how I could learn something from him. Typical of her.

He first met my dad three months after my mom. That was also the first time he punched him. He has punched my dad at least 7 times so far.

I first met his parents at Thanksgiving. While they didn't completely understand our sexualities, it was obvious that they simply didn't care. All they wanted was for Casper to keep being his incredibly lovable self.

Our first Christmas together, he gave me a bracelet with a key charm. He said it was the key to his heart.

Our second Christmas together, I gave him a key to my house, and we made it ours.

At my graduation, he cheered the loudest.

At his graduation, Jeslin cheered the loudest. I just acted like a smug little asshole, proud of my boyfriend.

When he got his first job, we went to a club and got wasted.

When I got my first job, we didn't leave the house.

Our first car was a convertible that we brought for a junkyard. We spent months fixing it. It would've taken a less amount of time if he wasn't a horny little shit....not that I would ever complain.

Our first serious fight was about how we were too busy to spend time with each other. We didn't talk to each other for about an hour, before we decided that we were too bored to be bothered.

Since then Casper and I decided that we'd eat dinner together, and if one of us couldn't, he'd have to give the other a massage.

Our first anniversary, Casper decided my wardrobe was too straight for me and gave me a new one.

Our second anniversary, I decided his hands were too empty and I gave him a ring.

He said yes.

And two years later, I'm standing at an alter.

The choir is playing an incredibly slow song that I cannot bring myself to care about.

I see Raphael with his girlfriend.
I see my mother with her husband.

The song changes, and I see two little girls throwing flowers at the guests, a little too aggressively, but incredibly amusingly.
I see Jeslin, in a lovely blue dress. She looks...less demonic. Never thought that'd happen.
I see Casper's sister, whose looking at Jeslin a little longingly. Casper would have a field trip.

And then I see him.

His eyes land first on me.
His first tear falls down his cheek.
He smiles, the first one I've seen today. A smile that could rival the sun.
He takes his first step towards me.

Casper Williams.

My first.
My last.
My only.
Mine forever.