He sighed. "Her name's Karen"

My eye widened.

"K-Karen?" I repeated.

He looked at me. "Yeah. Why? You know her?"

"N-No! Why would I?" I asked panicked.

"Well, you're acting kind of weird."

"Sorry. It's..a condition. I got a bit excited...hehe." I said.

Idiot! You could've blown your cover!! But...He still loves me....He admitted it just now. I felt so bad, I never meant to hurt him. He was so good to me and he gave me his heart. All I did was step on it and walk away, but it wasn't my fault...was it?

"Marie..."

"Yes Kai?" I asked.

"You remind me of her. I don't know why but no one has captured my attention like Karen has....until I saw you. I know you're with Taecyeon, so I apologize. But I just can't explain, see, I wish I could have Karen for 1 day. At least ONE day...all to myself and I'd prove my love for her. I'd show her that she is all I'd ever need. I'd go as far as leaving EXO for her...just to be with her and settle down. It's pathetic isn't it? That I still have hope for us when it's clear that we'll never be...not even in my dreams. Because her heart belongs to someone else." He said.

His words touched me in a way that brought me to tears. I never meant to bring him such hurt and agony. I've been so blind that I just couldn't see that still being his friend affected him like this. I have my twins and....

"Marie? Are you alright?"

"Kai, you're not pathetic. If she hurt you that much you shouldn't waste time on her, it's horrible that she made you feel like this. I'm so sorry" I said and wiped my eyes.

This was me apologizing in secrecy. But I just couldn't help it, I really felt bad. The way he expresses himself about me and what he'd be willing to give up for me...just to be with me. It's saddening to me and it makes me regret that I never even gave him an opportunity...

Wait..what am I saying? That I have feelings for him? But...I can't....this isn't right.

He held my hand. "It's okay. I promise I'm going to be fine, don't cry please. It kind of makes me feel...like less of a man. Because you cry for something that you didn't do. You weep for something that has nothing to do with you, please stop..." He looked at me the. Wiped my tears.

I wanted to give up and tell him it was me that he said that to me but I know if I do I know I'll regret it.

"I'm sorry. I get emotional. But Kai don't give up on love, soon enough you'll find the one."

He took a deep breath and smiled. "I don't think I will but I'll keep that in mind."

I slightly smiled back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We talked about other things, such as EXO and his climb to the top. I was surprised that some things he had never told me but he told Marie. We joked around and also talked about work. We finally arrived to Taecyeon's house. I thanked him for walking me out all the way here. He hugged me.

"Thank you. I needed to talk to someone and I'm glad it was you." He said.

I hugged him back. "You're welcome."

"I'll see you later" he smiled.

I smiled. "Okay. Bye Kai"

The door was unlocked just as Taecyeon said, I walked inside and closed the door. I sighed. That was a hard thing to do, I still can't believe that he admitted all those things about me. I looked around the house and it wasn't hard to find my room. It had my luggage inside.