Ch. 19

Louis POV-

I arrive at work a bit early and smile at the somewhat familiar smell of fresh bread. I havent even started the job yet and i can already tell i will absolutely love this place and working for it. I feel bad about leaving Harry, though. But i cant just not work, so here i am. The bell rings and I look up to see the manager who had interviewed me just a couple days ago.

"Hi!" I say, cheerfully

"Well, look who got here early." The manager, who's nametag says Paul, smiles warmly.

"Didn't want to show up late for my first day of work!" I exclaim.

"Well, mind helping clean up the storage room a bit?" Paul says gesturing towards the large door on my right.

"Sure!" I say hopping off my chair and opening the storage room door.

Paul chuckles and says, "Youre a bit too excited, son."

"Sorry, too much?" I ask.

"Its fine, i think i just found the only employee that might actually help out around this old place." Mark says, patting the wall.

I smile, and he explains to me what needs to be done. I start off with organizing the bread, cake, and cookies. Then, I finish with sweeping the creaky floor, just in time for Paul's uneven footsteps coming into the storage room.

"Wow, thank you so much Louis! It helps alot... Okay now the bakery opens in about 15 minutes and still havent taught you how to help the customers." Paul continues, "since its almost Christmas, i guarantee you there will be many many costumers... It tends to get like that around holidays."

He teaches me how to open and lock the cash register, work the computer-like thing, and how everything is ordered.

I am so ready for this, i think to myself, just as the front bell rings as a sign that my first costumer is here.

I CANT STOP LISTENING TO NIGHT CHANGES OOPS ITS SO GOOD.