𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 | An Untold Past

Start from the beginning

I guess now is the perfect time to talk about it.

"Hunter?"

"Yes, love?"

"Is it true about what you said? That you used to live alone before you knew me?"

"That's true." his expression turned cold.

"Why? What about your family?" I asked. His eyes widened a little. I know he was trying to sneak out on me in an effort to avoid this conversation.

"I don't know, Sahara. This thing about my family..." he paused, searching for words.

"It's just one of the things from my past that I'd like to forget."

I reached up for his face and traced his bottom lip with my finger, "I'm your wife. It's okay. You can tell me anything." I tried to reassure him.

He avoided eye contact, "Do you really wanna know?"

"Of course, Hunter. I deserve to know. I need to know. Share your life with me, remember?" I reminded him about what he once told me. So many questions flood my mind but I absolutely don't want to push him.

"I don't even know where to begin." he stated.

I smiled, "Don't worry. Just make it short if necessary. Why don't you start with your parents? Where are they now?"

He closed his eyes to catch a breath, "My parents got separated when I was fifteen because of some financial shit or something. I don't know. Who gives a shit anyway?"

"After my dad left, me and my brother decided to go on our own." my eyes grew big at the thought.

A brother? He has a brother?

"And we never saw our mom again ever since." he let out a harsh breath. He looked so frustrated and I felt sorry for him.

"You have a brother?" I interrupted.

"I had a brother, Damon." he admitted the untold.

"What happened to him?"

He rubbed his palm over his face, "He died from..."

"An accidental drug overdose due to a mixed drug toxicity."

All the worry he had been trying to hide showed on his face and I wrapped my arm around him, "Oh, Hunter. I'm sorry. I didn't know it was that awful."

"It was fucking awful, Sahara." his voice began to crack as he continued.

"I found his dead body with a needle sticking out of his arm and no colour in his face in the apartment that we used to share." he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Damon and I were never alike. Yeah, our parents were crappy so we had to take care of ourselves. Well, I took care of him more than he did me which was backwards as I'm the younger one. I knew he got mixed up in drugs and did odd jobs to get easy money."

"The thing was, I couldn't help him. He never wanted my help or to be helped. Helping Damon gets through life was a daily battle. For me, there's gonna be more to life but, he thought that life should just hand him things. Until one day, I got tired of fighting for him."

A tear slid down his cheek, "The last thing I said to him was I hate you. I told him to go and fuck yourself. I was such an idiot."

I could see a splash of pain across his face as he recounted. I felt nothing for him besides sadness.

"I should've been with him that day and maybe things would be different." he claimed, tugging at his hair.

I searched his face, confused by his statement. Is he putting all the blame on himself for what happened to his brother?

"Hunter, look at me." I demanded and he obliged.

"It's not your fault." I shook my head.

"It is, Sahara. It is my fault. I knew he was doing drugs but I did nothing that should've been done." he looked out the window, trying to figure it out.

"Since the tragedy, my life has never been the same. I made through every night, drinking myself sick. Again and again. I hated myself for what happened to him. Part of me tells me that it's not my fault, that there's nothing I could actually do. But the much stronger part of me says that there's something I could do better than just let him be."

He sighed and looked up at the ceiling, "If I could turn back time, I would. I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry for everything. I..."

I kissed the spot under his ear and pulled him closer to me as he took comfort from my warmth, "Please stop, Hunter. It's not your fault. It's never your fault. That's enough."

He held me tighter and I hugged him back just as hard. I didn't lose something. He did. He lost a brother.

"I messed up. I've done some serious shit in my life. But that has all changed since I met you. You're my salvation, Sahara." he finally pulled back and locked his eyes to mine.

"My parents weren't fit. The baby. I wasn't intended to raise our baby like they raised us. I'm hoping for a brighter future for both of us."

He rubbed his hand protectively over my belly, "I promise. I'll try my best to be a good father to our children. I'm not gonna let that go, Sahara."

I cupped his face and started sobbing, "I know you will, Hunter. I just know it. We'll both be great parents."

"I'm sorry for asking you about your family. I know I shouldn't push you or..."

He cut me off by pressing his finger on my lips, "No, it's okay. Actually, I'm glad that I told you. It feels good to have someone to talk about it. I've been holding it for so long."

"I love you, Sahara." he stroked my cheek with the back of his hand.

"I love you too." I said. He kissed my shoulder and nuzzled my neck before pulling me into a kiss.

The kiss was softer and sweeter than anything we've ever shared. A kiss that was filled with sadness and desperation. The worry he had been feeling washed away once his lips crushed mine.

"Oh, Hunter." I softly moaned his name when he tugged at my bottom lip.

I breathed as his fingers began gripping the sheets that was covering my body. Within seconds, he loosened the soft fabric from me but never intended to break the kiss even for a second.

He made love to me all over again, pushing out every thought out of his head except for me. We've got a lifetime to talk about this, but now, there is just me, him and the baby. That's all that matters.