beer stained floor

beer stained floor

"Alright well...I guess we'll wait now." Blue sighed before plopping down on the floor of the dance studio we were renting out.

Today has been more or less a bust.
Catching a critic is way harder than we originally thought.
How were we supposed to know that you had to call and set up a time and date then give them twenty-four hours to respond?
On top of that, getting the last eight count down was proving to be more difficult than usual. Singing and playing guitar is difficult as is, now I have to do all three?

"I'm gonna go get some snacks!" I headed towards the door before everyone started requesting snacks.

Unfortunately, I wasn't walking quickly enough.

"Mo, can you also get me a dill pickle and some Koolaid?" Azula added.

"If you find any sour patch, can you get me the watermelon ones?" Bell had finally looked up from finding a song, long enough to put in her order.

"Also, can you bring me some seeds? Try to get some with seasoning this time."

I grudgingly write it all down, underlining BBQ sunflower seeds for Zo who NEVER lets me live down the time I brought back regular seeds.

"Blue raspberry Koolaid please!" Kat sang as she wrapped her hair back up in a bun.

"Yes, ma'am" was the driest response I could come up with.

"Didn't know i was a goddamn vending machine."

"Pretty sure vending machines don't talk back." Bell teased.

"The fancy ones do."

"The fancy ones don't grumble about dispensing snacks either." Zo grinned before sticking her tongue out at me.

"I'm going to to pretend you didn't say that."

It was pretty warm for it to be almost November. I don't mind the cool breeze that constantly flows through here. I remember how hot Texas is during the winter months and I refuse to complain about it being warm.

The chimes on the liquor store door jingled and I immediately heard loud yelling. A red-headed man and Alex, the cashier, were arguing over a case of beer.

"How is this all the beer you have? Where is the good beer?!" The red-headed man was shaking with anger.
I could see the tension in his broad back and felt that the conversation was escalating to something worse than yelling.

"I tell you already! Beer is in back!"

"This is all you have !"

I slide in between the two and hold both hands up.

"Whoa, whoa! Relax!"

While doing so, I smell something familiar.

Maks?

Slowly, I turned around and was met with a heaving chest with curly hair occupying the only space left in the unbuttoned shirt. My eyes trailed this.. god-like vessel until they are set on full lips. They were moving but god was this man's lips gorgeous.

"-oa?"
I blinked before my ears focused on the actual words instead of how deep his voice was.

"Moa? What are you doing here ?"

I jumped back. Dark hazel eyes stare at me in shock and confusion.

"Maks?"

"You know clown?" Alex held his bald head and sighed.