eιɢнтeeɴ

Felix and chan are walking side-by-side towards the gates of the park, kkami trotting gently in front of them.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Felix questions, pushing open the gate as chan lets kkami off his lead.

The two walk over to some benches before he answers, suddenly becoming uncertain because he didn't know how much he could trust the younger with.

As if reading his mind the other pipes up, almost clearing away his uncertainties, "If you're worried about what I'll tell jinnie then dont be. You can trust me with whatever you need to tell me."

"W-well I guess I wanna talk about jinnie," chan begins, turning himself to see felix better, "I want you to tell me what happened with him from when I left until when I came back. He seems so insecure about himself, and I'm not sure that if it's because of me or if it's because of an ex? I just wanna know what hurt my baby so bad that he gets insecure when we're on our own."

"Well after you left, he was broken. He didnt find me until a month afterwards, I found him one night in the studio on the brink of collapsing because he'd been dancing for 2 hours straight without stopping. I had to find minho and we had to look after him for a few days - but we became really close after that. I guess that's when he became insecure because he was constantly worried about what people were thinking and he always thought that he wasnt good enough for anyone - even me and min. But we helped him through it, we stayed with him even when he didnt want us there.." felix pauses after this, a heavy tone of sadness being laced into his words - chans heart becomes heavy, now knowing how much pain he'd put the boy and his friends through.

"He found a new outlet in dance, and he was happy again. He found a little brother in seungmin, a father figure in wooj, bestfriends in me and minho. Then he started dating some dude who made him feel so worthless, they'd degrade him so badly but hyunjin stayed with him because he couldn't bear to be alone again. He finally left him after 6 months, after his 'boyfriend' hit him because he was talking to me and he assumed hyunjin was cheating.." Felix pauses again, voice cracking slightly with anger as he recalls hyunjins past boyfriend - chans fists clench in his lap, fuming that anyone would treat his baby in such a way - fuming that he wasnt there to protect him.

The younger clears his throat and continues, "He went through a similar phase as he did with you, but a lot worse. He was scared to trust anyone new and refused to date anyone else - always staying over at my house because he was afraid to be alone. But, again, he healed and he met jeongin - finding yet another family member that he never knew that he'd find. They moved in together when hyunjin found out that he was going to the same college."

"This was about a year ago, he never got another boyfriend after his ex but he seemed happy - eventhough we all knew what's beneath the surface. Then you messaged him about a month ago and it was like seeing what hyunjin was like before everything happened, he was smiling all the time and he couldn't keep himself away from the phone." the purple haired male smiles, obviously not noticing the small trail of tears making it's way down his face.

"L-lix before you go on, I'm so sorry," the older begins apologising with his head in his hands, shaking slightly as he attempts to stop the tears welling behind his eyes, "If I ever knew what was happening, I wouldve dropped everything and I wouldve raced to him. I realise that these words are pointless now and you aren't the one I should be saying them to, but I never stopped worrying about him; I never stopped thinking about him, I missed him so much everyday. I promise you, I'm not gonna leave him again."

"I believe you chan, but please I cant stand to see him like that again. Don't break his heart."

-

When hyunjin returns home he's met with an eerily quiet flat. He wanders into the living room and he's met with a small note on the arm of the chair :

Hey hyunjin, when you get home you should see this. Just so you know chan-hyung is out with lix and I'm out with minho. Changbin is still here, but hes been stalking felix for an hour so god knows if hes responsive.

We didnt break anything this time.. except a few bowls but felix scared us.. we did not fuck up cereal..

See you later,
Jisung

"Wow they really managed to fuck cereal up." Hyunjin mutters to himself as he begins to walk through his home onto the balcony, welcoming the cool breeze hitting his face. He sighs deeply, closing his eyes and just stands there. No thoughts, no distractions - just a cool breeze and the gentle hum of the city below.

A few hours pass and hyunjin is interrupted by the front door opening and chattering passing through the flat - so he stands up and goes to see who's there.

When he gets to the living room he sees chan and felix chatting away, laughing together like they've known each other for years - obviously not noticing the boy leaning against the doorway. The brunette can't help but smile to himself as he sees his bestfriend and his boyfriend getting on so well.

He starts to shuffle over, putting a finger to his lips when felix makes eye contact with him, and places his arms around chans shoulders - leaning over the back of the couch and dropping his forehead into his shoulders.

"Oh hello there prince." Chan says, shoulders rising a little to support hyunjins head slightly more.

"Hey," He mumbles into his boyfriends shoulder, raising his head slightly to place a light kiss onto chans neck.

He brings his head up fully to look at felix, "Changbin is in jeongins room of you wanna go say hi." he smirks when felix gets all flustered.

"A-are you sure that's okay?" The youngest stands up when hyunjin nods and scurries down the hall.

The taller of the couple detangles himself and moves around the couch so he can drop himself down and rest his head on chans shoulder, knees on his lap.

"So how was your day baby, I missed you this morning." Chan asks, planting a soft kiss on hyunjins forehead.

"Was good, pretty boring though. I missed you a lot channie." The younger shifts so hes sat in chans lap, head buried back in his shoulder.

The blonde pulls him close, arms wrapped around his waist and chin on his shoulder, "Is my pretty baby tired?" The younger hums in agreement, shuffling further into chans warmth.

After 10 minutes of staying in that position, soft snores can be heard from the clinging boy - the grip around chans neck loosened and even breathing. Gently chan stands up, picking up the sleeping boy, and makes his way into their room gently lowering them onto the bed.

He shuffles around so the younger remains comfortable, and he brings him ever so closer - shaking away thoughts of what is to soon to come and just focusing on the boy in his arms.

"I love you more than anything hwang hyunjin. I'm never letting you go again, no matter what," chan whispers, closing his eyes,

"I promise you."

*****

This took so.damn long jeez. But here you go.

I feel like my content is lowkey improving as we get closer to the end.

Also tysm for 500 reads holy heck, ily all