тwelve

Hyunjins P.O.V

The day has been going by pretty well all things considering..

I aced that science exam I was stressing about, I'm in a decent group for my English project, I was the first in the lunch queue and the machines were broken so I got all my food for free.

It's as I'm walking to dance that my happiness momentarily halts. All it took is one text from minho, the surprise and confusion overtook my euphoria (take my hands now~), but it's such a simple text message..

Meanhoe
Be prepared for
some news and
a surprise when
you get here :)

That damn smiley face is what's gotten me so agitated and lowkey paranoid.

10 minutes laterr~

I push the heavy doors of the studio open and head to the changing rooms, quickly changing into my pre-packed outfit : loose fitting black joggers, a tight black shirt and black and white Van's to top it off.

I trudge into the usual studio where the 4 of us usually practice to see minho standing in the centre of the room with his arms crossed and a small smirk upon his features.

I stride over to felix and whisper in his ear "what's wrong with his face?"

"I think he's smiling?.." he whispers back, not entirely sure of his answer.

"Okayy now that we're all here I have 2 announcements to make, so shut the fuck up" minhos voice cuts through the room, glares being shot at felix and myself at the last part.

"Oh happy one, please.. enlighten us." Seungmin drones into the echoing studio, obviously not in the mood for minhos bullshit today.

"Well seeing as you asked so nicely mr kim," minho sarcastically retorts, rolling his eyes for dramatic effect (extra ass beech)
"The first bout of good news is that you've been selected to participate in a national competition, you must record a video to be submitted and then, if the judges think you're good enough, you will perform live."

"W-well I cant do that lee" seungmin sadly states. "I can't do competitions anymore remember."

Everybody looks crestfallen, saddened by the fact that an essential member of our team cant participate with us.

"That's fine min, I'll take your place. Dont worry about it." Minho replies softly.. softer than I've ever heard our friend.

Seungmin smiles softly at these words and offers his help in recording the performance, which all of us gladly accept.

We're about to go and get changed when I stop in my tracks..

"Hey minho? What's the second lot of news?"

He just smirks and instructs me to go and get changed, telling me that I'll find out soon enough.

God he can be infuriating sometimes.

*small time skip bc we lazy*

Soon enough we are performing the amazing choreography that minho has designed (just pretend they learnt it at an earlier date, before they knew abt the conpetition)