Chapter 7

Kylie 

I wake up the next morning, tired from staying up late binge-watching the rest of Stranger Things I've been meaning to watch. 

My phone buzzes, notifying me of a text.

Messages: Kylie and Zach 

Z: Gooooood moooorninggggggggg

Groaning, I sit up, attempting to wake myself up. Opening the message from Zach, I reply.

K: You seem so awake. I'm literally dead 

Z: If you were dead you wouldn't be able to text me 

K: You did not just-

Z: But I did

Letting out an exasperated sigh through my smile, I look up at my reflection in the mirror across my room.

Oh my God I look like crap.

I throw my phone on my bed and quickly get ready, throwing on a pale blue NASA t-shirt and cutoff jean shorts. I pull my freshly brushed dirty blonde hair into a loose ponytail. Not feeling like putting too much effort into then accessories, I throw in a pair of diamond studs and do a quick layer of mascara before quickly brushing my eyebrows into an acceptable shape. 

I do a once-over in the mirror before finally deciding I was ready for my day. Giving myself the nod of approval, I go back to my bed where my phone is lying and realize I forgot to respond to Zach.

Messages: Kylie and Zach

Z: Ok I didn't mean to, you don't have to leave me on read like that 🥺

Z: Kyky?

Z: Kylie?

Z: I'm sorryyyyyy

Z: Forgive me pleaseeeee

K: Oops sorry. I saw my reflection and had to do something in attempt to fix it

Z: You're kidding right. You are always pretty

K: Yeah. Pretty ugly

Z: I don't have time to deal with this negativity, so either accept your beauty or I will track you down and tickle you until you accept

K: 😂 Good luck with that

K: Speaking of seeing each other, next week I'll be in la for a couple weeks to visit a friend. Maybe we could meet up?

I watch the typing bubble for a few nervous seconds, wondering if he really just wanted to keep our friendship on text.

Z: Yeah sure 😁 We're meeting at a Chipotle tho. That is my side of this deal

K: Good thing I like Chipotle then 

Z: I'm getting yelled at to get off my butt and quit texting. Talk to you later Kyky 

K: Bye Zachy! 

Putting my phone in my back pocket and head into my living room, planning on throwing on the tv for a little while when I see the loose change I threw on my table yesterday.

Omg Asher!

Whipping my phone out, I open up a new contact and frantically start searching for the small scrap of paper that was given to me yesterday.