11 - Soobin

"Our sunbaenim won't get back to Seoul next week," says Soobin. "V told Beomgyu himself, and he's part of the only team we can rely on right now. A week is way too long to sit still. So that means we need to get started on...."

He doesn't quite know how to finish the sentence.

As they walk throughout Dongdaemun, exploring the less crowded spots of the district, Soobin can't help but be skeptical—it would be easy to drown in the feeling of helplessness. He's considered many times of convincing his team they should confine themselves to the hotel. It'll be an easy choice to sleep until the horror of the pass week fully passes. Or until someone more qualified, and magically-aware, can step in to save them.

Soobin sighs, kicking at the concrete. His team members don't even seem to care that he hasn't finished his sentence. They're all lost in their own worlds, overcome with worry. How is he supposed to be a good leader in such an unprecedented event?

There's no good answer—and Soobin is reminded of his initial resistance when he was elected as leader. He's looking desperately for someone to rely on, and the only one they've gotten in contact with is V—in Moscow by now, touring for another week.

Can they even survive that long?

Soobin passes famous hole-in-the-wall restaurants and boutiques sporting winter fashion. Although the air smells a bit polluted, he finds himself adjusting to the atmosphere. He feels as though he's at home, even if there's a Black Mage corrupting the spaces around it.

Soobin loves the clouded sky, the towering buildings, and even the closeness of everything. Even though the apartments are squished together, there's still enough room to explore with every step. Now, he just has to find the solution in the midst of urban wilderness.

"I think we should go in here," he says. He points to a larger building, one that stands between two apartments. It's wide with multiple floors, highlighted by black and white banners.

Taehyun takes a few minutes to read the sign. "A Korean spa? Seriously? We aren't filming an episode of TALK X TODAY."

TALK X TODAY, their reality show, is always a lighthearted view into the boys' lives. Soobin compared the fun of those episodes to today's mood—it's a stark contrast.

"Ah!" Huening Kai claps his hands together. "This is a really famous spa. It appeared in multiple successful K-dramas."

"Yeah? I'm pretty sure my parents have watched them all," Taehyun comments.

Soobin gulps, expecting more resistance to his idea.

But strangely, they follow his leadership. Yeonjun nods, and Beomgyu is the last to give a thumbs up, albeit his hand is still a bit shaky.

"Okay then." Soobin continues while keeping his posture steady, knowing the members will be affected if he shows shaky nerves.

He leads them into the sauna. It's pretty empty, so they make their way while Taehyun negotiates with the front desk about towels and proper dress. Soon, all members of TXT are dressed in green shorts and shirts reminiscent of hospital scrubs.

They check out the facilities first. There's a common area, a zone for cooling down, a heated area, and a floor upstairs dedicated to sleeping and eating. Yeonjun busies himself with checking out the small menu. "Pork bulgogi... kalbi... cheese balls...." He goes down the list until he's whispering, and Soobin is afraid that the eldest member will begin drooling if he doesn't interrupt.

"So—yes!" Soobin claps his hands, stunning the members for a second or two. "We came to this spa today not to relax, but because we need to figure out... our plan. Let's all head into the hot zone."

There's two hot zones. But the first one is occupied, mainly by a few old men laying on the wood floor and playing cards. Soobin looks around, settling on a strange piece of architecture in the far corner. It looks like an igloo made of stone. It's colored like mud, and the top sports a small chimney. Overall, Soobin believes it could come from a fairy tale.

"That looks like the hottest place in Seoul," Beomgyu complains. "Don't make me go in there."

Soobin summons his sternest look and points to the entrance. But as soon as he opens the door and enters, he's beginning to regret the choice. Perhaps his leadership skills aren't the best.

Because the heat is unbearable. Did they take inspiration from hell? he thinks. His skin could almost melt off from the humidity. No matter, he made a decision. In his years of leading TXT, he learned not to go back on his word. So after Beomgyu takes a hesitant step inside, Soobin ignores the wince in his member's face and closes the door of the igloo.

For a few minutes, they just pace close to the walls and try to adjust. In the next minute, Soobin finally finds his voice among the fiery licks against his skin.

"Okay, I think we follow Taehyun's idea that we all have the powers of our characters." He wants to cringe at how ridiculous he sounds. "So, Yeonjun, how did you end up using a skill?"

Yeonjun shrugs. "I pressed the button on the keyboard. But other than that, nothing unusual. Using more skills in-game didn't do anything after that time."

"Great," Soobin says. "We can never fight the stupid mage if we can't attack him."

Huening Kai tries to hold it in, but he can't help a few giggles from escaping.

"What's so funny?" Yeonjun grumbles. "Hm?"

Beomgyu is the next to start cracking up. Taehyun and Beomgyu look at each other with pursed lips, as if they're trying not to catch a laughing bug.

Soobin turns away before tempted to join in on the clownery. "I really mean it, guys. We have to start trying or we'll never find a way to fight against him."

"Stupid mage," Kai wheezes.

"Stupid mage," Beomgyu repeats, pointing his fingers into little guns. "Woah!"

A bright light sparks against Beomgyu's fingertips. It happens only briefly, but everyone clearly sees it. Soobin studies the wonder in all four members' faces.

"Keep going! Yes, we're somehow becoming our characters!" Soobin tries his hand at forming a bow and arrow with his hands.

Almost a half an hour passes of the torture. Soon, Soobin is sweating so much that his clothing is soaked on almost every inch. He wonders if this room was made solely for people who want to punish themselves.

"Ahhh!" Huening Kai yells. Just when his breath ends, the image of a sword flies across the air. It lights the darkness of the room like a beacon of hope.

"Oh my gosh!" Soobin's smile is stretching wide. "We're getting there, guys."

Soobin closes his eyes, studying the clamor within himself. He gets easily anxious around crowds, and people in general. When he was younger, he had a hard time approaching classmates. And he even gave up on making friends for a while.

But this is different. He's with his four brothers, and they're giving him strength as they do every single day. He doesn't have to worry when they're around.

Beomgyu, Taehyun, Yeonjun, and Huening Kai are the potions that restore his energy and give him hope for new days. They are his lifelines when everything else in the world wants him to sink.

He forms the bow with his hands, one more time. With focus like a cutting laser, he visualizes an arrow forming in the space in front of him.

The bow appears, a bright gold, and the arrow is the same color though even more solid.

The glittering weapon shoots forward, clashing against the igloo. It explodes into a million golden sparkles.

A/N: Soobin's powers are showing! If you could have any super talent or ability, what would it be? I know this question is asked a lot, but it's still fun to know :)