Possum Park

"I hate this," max skipped a rock across the lake, "I wish my dad never brought me on this stupid trip," he said sitting down next to me. "Well, at least I'm here," I look over to him hugging my knees. He smiles warmly, "You being here makes this a hundred times better." Nervously I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, as Max clears his throat. We sat in silence for awhile, watching the ripples form on the lake.

Max started humming, and I slowly placed my head on his shoulder. Surprisingly, he placed his head on mine, causing my face to flare up. "_____..?" Max said, facing me. "Y-yes?" I responded. "Ive been thinking for a-while now, and I think I-" Max started to breath a bit faster, "I think I-"

HONK, HONK HONK

I feel a sudden surge of pain in my head, as my eyes shoot open. I look around to see that I'm still strapped into the seat of Goofy's car. "Dad, you're gonna get us killed! Why don't you just give me the map?" Max asked, as I rub my head from the contact with the window. "Oh, no thanks, son. Navigating's a big responsibility! Besides you wouldn't want to spoil the big surprise. I'm taking you someplace pretty special!" Goofy said.

Max just glared at Goofy, and looked back at me, "You okay back there?" He asked. My dream came rushing back to me, and I started to blush, "haha! O-of course, why wouldn't I be? You're great- I'm great! Thanks for asking!!" I fumbled around. "That's good. You were just sorta... giggling? In your sleep, what were you dreaming of? Me?" He looked at me smugly, "In my dreams- I mean, in your dreams!" I said, max just laughed and rolled his eyes, "Is that your only comeback?" I stick my tongue out at him in response.

We suddenly pull into a rather seedy looking attraction place with a giant possum entrance. I looked around from my window and saw a sign that said 'Lester's Possum Park and stop.' "Gosh! It's even better than I remembered!" Goofy said, as a mother attempts to drag her daughter through the entrance of the park.

"Yikes..." I whisper looking at max who's making the same unenthused face, "Yeah, fun! Tell you what: we're just gonna wait right here in the car." Max said, "You party pooper! Come on! This is gonna be fun," Goofy drags Max out of the car, and up the possum stairs. I reach down to my seatbelt, and unbuckle myself. I quickly open the car door, and chase after them.

~Time skip ~

We enter a small old theatre, "Oh, good! We're just in time!" Goofy rushes ahead of us, as the old purple curtains open up, and shows four holes in the ground. Out of one of the holes comes a mechanical possum, "Howdy, folks! Who's your favorite possum?" It asks, as people shout "Lester!" "I got us a seat right up front!" Goofy pushes us closer to the broken-down stage.

Max sits down visually uncomfortable, and I sit next to him. I nudge his shoulder playfully, and he looked confused at first, but smiled when he looked at me. Max was about to say something, but was cut off by Goofy squeezing himself in between us.

"Let me introduce you to the posse," the rickety mechanical possum said, "There's Buford, Beulah, and Mordechai!" Other possums pop out of the holes, while the last one clearly had an electric shortage. "Hey, Lester, ready for yodeling?" The last one said, "Sure am, Buford." The Lester possum said, "That wasn't even the right name," I grimace at this so called entertainment.

"Now gather 'round, my possum pals, and join the jamboree. Come hoot 'n' howl 'n' holler from the heart!"

"This is pathetic..." I hear max mumble

"And every chicken, pig, 'n' goat'll
help by yelpin' out a yodel
Here at Lester's Possum Park!"

"Join in, folks! It's yodelin' time!" The mechanical possum encourages. Everyone in the room, and Goofy, joined in the yodelling.