Stand out!

The four of us were behind the stage in the gym, getting ready for Max's big performance. Bobby was setting up the wiring, while P.J. was working with the camera. I look down to realize I still have the costume in my hand, "Oh! Max here" I give him the outfit. He looks at it with admiration, "You made this _____? This looks incredible!" He says looking at the costume in his hands.

"I bet it will look more incredible when you wear it..." I try to say, but it came out really quite. "What was that?" He brings his attention to me. "Nothing! Now go try it on, after you're finished come back to me and I'll do your hair." I shove him away trying to get away from the awkward conversation. I put my hand to my face as I question myself why I said that.

While in thought an announcement was being made through the intercom. "Will all students please make their way to the gymnasium for our final assembly, thank you." I check behind the curtain to see students starting to fill the huge room. While looking at the students I felt someone tap my shoulder. I jump at the sudden contact, and start to fall into the curtain.

Before I could fall completely Max caught me and brought me back up to him. My eyes wandered to his body, checking how the outfit looked. It fits him perfectly, giving him the Powerline vibe. "If you keep this up I'd almost think that your falling for me," I slightly blush as he looks at me with a smirk.

"Kidding!" He joked letting me go. I frowned a bit, but try to hide it, "Save the flirting for Roxanne," I shove him playfully but wince at my comeback. He smiles, but frowns quickly after that. "What if this doesn't work, what if she hates me after this, what if-" "Stop it Max" I firmly say. "After this all the girls will like you," he laughs "even you?" I blush, "in your dreams," I brush off.

"If Roxanne doesn't like you after this, then she isn't the one. Max goof, you are amazing with or without this getup" I say without hesitation. He looked a little shocked but looked to the side slightly blushing, "t-thanks _____." As realization finally crept up to me I changed the subject, "Anyway! l-let's do your hair." I bring him over to my plugged in hair curler.

"Here sit," I point to a seat in front of me. I take his hair into my hands, 'aww his hair is so soft' I gush while I put his hair into the curler. I thought I saw him blushing, but it was probably just from the heat of the curler. "All done" I say giving him the mirror. His eyes glued to his reflection, "Wow! you are for sure a miracle worker." I give him a giggle in return. Suddenly we hear loud cheering from the curtain.

We go to check the commotion, and Stacey is standing behind the podium on the stage. "As student body president I just wanna say like 'yay' to all of us for a really neat year," she starts off. "Yo Stacey! Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me baby!" Someone yells from the crowd, making me chuckle a bit.

"And also that I hope you can all attend my totally amazing end of school party next Saturday, to watch the Powerline concert live on paper view," Stacey says to the crowd, earning ecstatic cheers.

"Thank you, thank you very much. And now without further ado, Principle Mazur," Stacey introduced. The crowd goes instantly quiet as our 'beloved' principle walks to the podium.

"Thank you Stacey! And good morning boys and girls! You know every year, on the last day of school I have several youngsters approach me and say, "principal Mazur, what can we do to not waste our summer vacation. We don't want to waste our free time sleeping or visiting friends..." Everyone was painfully obvious with Borden, and so was I.

I noticed Max had his eyes on someone, I followed his gaze to none other than Roxanne. Roxanne seemed to be getting flirted with one of the biggest playboys in school. Focusing back on Max he had his mouth agape, starting to freak out a bit. He turned around and zipped his suit all the way up, "how are ya- how are ya doing on that Bobby?" Bobby flicked up his welding mask, "don't give me that attitude, I'm doing this all for you," he says quickly getting back to work.

"This is nuts, I don't know why I let you guys talk me into this," P.J. says getting his foot stick in a wire. "If my dad finds out he's going to nuke my entire existent," he trips from the wire and lands on the floor revealing himself to the crowd a little bit.

Me and Max were quick to pick him up, thankfully no one saw him. "I hope this works," Max prays to himself. "It will," I reassure him, backing up from the shooting scene. He dusts himself off, as P.J. backs away with his dads camera. He looks anxious, so I gave him a wink with a thumbs up, hoping to calm his nerves.

With my weirdness he calmed down a bit, and collected himself for the show. "How about...?" Principal Mazur stars off while I count down from three. "Science slumber parties-!" Bobby shuts off the lights, as max puts on his Powerline glasses. We all give each other thumbs up, hoping for a success.

Bobby brings up the projector, and plays the music. I run over to a lever and switch it with Bobby, sending our principal to the bottom of the stage. Surprised gasps can be heard on the other side of the curtain. Bobby lets out a loud laugh, as Max starts to dance.

"Some people settle for the typical thing.
Livin' all their lives waitin' in the wings.
It ain't a question of 'if', just a matter of time. Before I move to the front of the line,"

At first everything was smoothly sailing, and I was watching Max with admiration.

"And once you're watchin' ev'ry move that I make
Ya gotta believe that I got what it takes,"

Max then stepped to the side tripping on a wire, sending himself through the screen on stage.

"To stand out!
Above the crowd
Even if I gotta shout out loud,"

I ran to the side with Bobby and P.J. to check on him. We see him being cheered by the crowd as he stands there.

"Til mine is the only face you see,"

He turns to us, as bobby laughs, and we give him a thumbs up.

"...Gonna stand out 'til you notice me."

His attention went back to the crowd, and his gaze landed on Roxanne. My encouraging smile quickly turns down, as I see max smile widely at her. Bobby tosses me a fire extinguisher, and starts to spray Co2 on stage. I followed his lead and began to spray, "A little smokage," He howls. Max confidently walks towards Roxanne, while lip syncing to the song.

"If I could make you stop and take a look at me instead of just
Walkin' by,"

He bent down towards her face, and got really close to her. This made my heart hurt a little, so I just looked the other way.

"There's nothin' that I wouldn't do
If it was gettin' you to notice
I'm alive."

When I turned my head bobby handed P.J. a hook attached to a long rope.

"All I need is half a chance, a second thought, a second glance'll prove
I got whatever it takes,"

P.J. made his way to max and attached the hook to the back of max.

"It's a piece of cake"

P.J. signalled bobby, and he pulled the rope flinging max into the air.

"To stand out!"

Max flew across the entire gym room impressing everyone, even me.

"Above the crowd!"

I blushed at how glad I was for him for finally getting the attention he deserves.

"Even if I gotta shout out loud!
'Til mine is the only face you see,"

Max made his way back to Roxanne extending his hand to hers. As they both reached out,

"Gonna staaaand oooout,"

the music was cut, and max went spinning. He landed in the arms of the principal, that we didn't noticed. Principal Mazur took off Max's glasses, earning gasps from the crowd. "Hey it's the goof boy," someone said within the swarm of teenagers. Bobby quickly grabbed me and P.J. by the neck, "we're busted..hah." Sellout. I glare at him, as P.J. struggles in his grip. Principal Mazur glared at us then glared back at Max. "To my office immediately!" He demands sending us away to his office