Chapter 15 - Aashi

She felt conflicted by the new information Prem had given her the day prior. She was engaged to him? She didn't remember anything about that and the ring he gave her didn't even fit properly. She didn't wear it but put it in a drawer for safe keeping. Prem has been a real gentleman since the day he had brought her to his home. She didn't want to doubt him.

He had given her an individual room that was furnished to perfection. She was very comfortable here and he took care of her very well. He was patient when she didn't remember things and gently reminded her. But something was missing - she felt like there was something very important that she was forgetting and that feeling made her uncomfortable.

"Hey gorgeous" Prem seemed happier today than usual. He was holding a bag in his hand and looked quite impressed with himself.

"Hi Prem" she said returning his smile.

"Look what I got for you!" He said drawing closer and taking a seat next to her, ensuring his body was touching hers. She took the bag he was handing her and looked inside. It was a beautiful red Salwar!
"Wow you didn't have to, this looks expensive" she was sceptical - why was he buying her this?

His face fell. "You don't like it?"

"No no it's beautiful, I like it a lot. Thank you!" She tried to remedy the situation. She didn't want to upset him, he was all she had at the moment and he treated her like a queen.

"Good! If you're feeling up to it let's go to a party this weekend?"

A party? She didn't really like the sound of that. She couldn't pin point why but something felt entirely wrong about this situation. He watched her as she delved deep in her thoughts. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing Prem, sure that sounds nice" she didn't want to refuse his offer especially after this thoughtful gift.

Prem was happy hearing that he would finally have the girl of his dreams by his side and he could show her off on Saturday! And best of all he knew this party was for the business power houses in town and Arjun would hopefully attend as well for networking purposes. He found it difficult to suppress his glee at the thought of Arjun seeing them both at the party together.

His phone rang a moment later. He quickly looked at the screen and hid it from Aashi - it was Elina. He didn't pick up the phone, what bad timing!