Chapter 14 - Elina/Prem

A few days later..
"He doesn't want to see me, he even fired me, what are we supposed to do now." Elina spoke frustratingly into the phone.
"I told you not to push things, but you didn't listen to me." Prem yelled.
"Oh what a big shot you are, tell me what are we supposed to do now? Our plan backfired!" She said annoyed.
"I just want to remind you that Aashi almost died because of you!" He hissed.
"I didn't tell her to drive in the rain, apparently she's not the smartest, I can't imagine what you're seeing in her." Elina snapped.
"Watch your mouth! I'll come over to your place and we'll discuss the plan again!" He said mad.

Prem drove to Elina's house and knocked on the door. He was super mad that Elina did something without his approval. Obviously that did not turn out good.
"We need a new plan, the old plan failed." Prem commanded.
"No shit sherlock." Elina said rolling her eyes.

Elina and Prem had met at a business meeting. From the first day they vibed really well with each other. They even dated each other for a couple of weeks, but broke it off shortly after. It turned out they both wanted the person they could not have. Prem wanted Aashi and Elina wanted Arjun. Only because of this Prem agreed to do this ridiculous plan of hers. They were supposed to break them up. They were almost successful if  only Elina did not rush these things and had not gotten Aashi into the car accident.

"I've got it!" She exclaimed.
"Tell me!" Prem said while taking a sip of his whiskey.
"All you need to do is make Aashi believe she's your fiancée! As you eventually get closer I'll show Arjun and boom he'll hate the innocent Aashi and leave her once and for all!" Elina explained. Prem thought for a bit. It was an good idea. But he was not sure, what if she remembered everything?

"Don't you worry, before she gets back her memory they will be divorced!" She said happily.
"But she'll hate me for lying to her." He blurted.
"Maybe, but she will only have you left, you'll comfort her and make her love you, it's that easy!" She reassured him.
Prem did not want anything more than to call Aashi his, so once again he agreed to do this idotic plan.

"Here give her this ring, after that in an hour you'll walk through the park with her, very lovingly! I'll get Arjun and make him see this scenery!" She explained while laughing very devilishly. Prem nod and drove back home to Aashi.

"Hi princess, I've got something I need to discuss with you." He said while sitting down next to her.
"Remember when you asked me if you were married?" He asked.
"Yes, why?" Aashi said slightly confused.
"Well I partly lied" he took a deep breath.
"I'm your fiance, we're supposed to marry in January." Prem lied.
Aashi was visibly shocked. How could she forget such a thing.
"I'm sorry I couldn't remember our engagement." She mumbled. She was sad. Something that is so amazing she just forgot. A mix of sadness and anger approached her.

"Well since you lost your ring in the accident I got you a new one." He said and put the ring on her finger.
"I love you." He said with the biggest smile possible.
"I-I love you too." Aashi assumed. Something in her mind told her that this is not right.