Prologue

Y/n's Point Of View

I was sitting in class drawing and sketching out random things my hair was up in a high ponytail(If you have shorter hair ignore this) as soon as I heard the bell ring I quickly gathered my things making my way to my locker I grabbed my bag and shoved everything else in my locker, I felt a hand on my shoulder and quickly spun around greeted by my bestfriend Kate I sighed in relief "Jesus fucking christ you scared me" I said pushing past her and making my way down the stairs with Kate at my heels. I could hear her laughing slightly from behind me "Sorry I can't get over the fact that I scared you" she said pushing past people to walk next to me we soon made it outside "So you coming over and staying the night?" I asked she smiled and nodded "Fuck yeah!" She replied. The two of us started making our way down the street and towards my house, we where talking about my dad's past job in the army and the paranoia. My parents often got in fights because my dad kept bringing weapons into the house like guns and whatnot, at one point he got me a katana for my 10th birthday and my mom had a fit about it but I got to keep it and my dad actually signed me up for a class so I could learn how to use it. I know it doesn't make any sense but my dad is a weird paranoid freak, me and Kate talked about his weird paranoia till we made it to my house.

As soon as I opened the door I was greeted with the sweet aroma of peanut butter cookies, I looked in the kitchen to see my mom washing dishes and my two year old sister Lily sitting in her highchair "Hey mom, Kate is staying the night. We'll be upstairs if you need us!" I shouted she gave me a very soapy thumbs up. The two of us quickly made it upstairs and into my room, I locked the door since I always doo since I hide in my room 24/7 I flopped down on my bed and Kate did the same I pulled my body fully on the bed and sat up "Wanna work on our homework to pass some time?" I asked she nodded and got off the bed grabbing both our backpacks she plopped down in front of me pulling out her works.

I groaned loudly "Fuck" I muttered remembering that I had left all my school shit in my locker, Kate looked at me and sighed "Let me guess you left everything in your locker again?" She asked. I nodded pulling out the only thing I kept in my backpack my sketchbook Kaye sighed loudly "Y/n have you seen your grades lately, your gonna get grounded again" she said writing a fee things down in a pice of paper, I chuckled "I know I know" I said drawing out a few things

----time skip cause I'm lazy----

It was getting hella late it was about 8 almost 9 when my mom called us down we expected dinner to be done, but when we got down there both my parents where staring at the TV eyes wide Lily was on the ground playing with her toys while giggling. I looked at my parents concerned and confused "What's going on" I asked they quickly looked over at me faces full of fear along with sadness "There has been a terrible outbreak of some weird virus, we're supposed to stay inside and not leave Y/n please go lock the sliding glass door please" I quickly nodded confused as I heard her ask Kate to lock the front door. I walked back in the family room and looked at my mother she was still watching the tv while my father was pacing around the room "See I knew something like this would happen" he said and then started muttering under his breath, I decided to leave them alone and I grabbed Kate's arm dragging her in the kitchen we grabbed some snacks since my mom wasn't cooking tonight. The two of us made our way back upstairs and we sat down on my bed talking about what could possibly happen and questioning what the virus was, soon the two of us fell asleep on my bed next to each other.(Not in a weird way, in like a friend way)

The next morning

I woke up the  next morning my arms on Kate's face I heard a loud bang from downstairs I shot straight up out of bed and Kate slowly woke up, I got out of my bed slowly making sure I didn't make any noise I looked over at Kate and mouthed 'Stay here' she glared at me and shook her head. I sighed and I opened up my door slowly and quietly I slowly made my way down the stairs but stoped as soon I had room to peak down, I saw a bloody and pale man bent over my mom I could hear some squelching, I looked over at Kate and she completely read my mind she had already left and came back with my fathers pistol. I motioned for her to stay here and this time she nodded I walked fully down the stairs I hid behind the couch and I looked around for something to throw at the man or whatever it was I grabbed one of Lily's toys and threw it at the man, the man turned around and I soon realized it was my father he was covered in blood and his skin was pale along with his eyes. I felt tears brimming my eyes I quickly stood up shaking as I aimed the gun at his head, I quickly shot him in the head watching his body fall to the ground I looked at him tears falling down my face. I wondered how he even died in the first place I just stood there looking at his dead body till my thoughts where interrupted by some groaning, I looked down seeing my mom and sister desperately trying to get me I shot both of them in the head I looked over at Kate who was now behind me "Let's get everything we can food water clothing, we can take the car" I said walking up the stairs. I didn't know how to drive at all but now was the time to learn.

----------------

This is the first chapter of this book, I hope you enjoyed this first part and want to continue. I'll try to update as much as possible I hope you enjoyed ♡