Hybrid [Part 30]

You smile and grabs Daniel's hand. "We're gonna talk." Daniel smiles and walks with you. Behind you, you can feel Adam's jealous glare. The two of you walk over to one of the fire pits and sits down. You can see Daniel's cuts and bruises slowly fading.

"So, here we go. The final battle."

"Yeah. Scary isn't it? A couple of weeks ago I was just a normal girl wanting to pass math, now I might have to fight my sister to....."

Daniel puts his arm around you. "You're scared?"

“Yeah, I know she is bad and everything, but it is still hard.”

"You've got nothing to fear."

You smile and lay your head in his shoulder.

"Do you remember the first time we met?" You look up at him.

"Yeah, how could I not?"

"Really? You could barley look at me?"

"I am shy."

"I know. Sometime it was easier to be with Adam and Ethan. At least I knew where I stood with them. You barely gave me more than one word, two at the most."

Daniel lets go off you. "I am sorry. Showing my feelings isn't easy for me. But I do like you."

You smile and give him a little peck on the cheek."I know."

He takes your hand and strokes them. "You showed up and turn our world around, mine particularly. Even though I hardly spoke to you, you seemed to trust me. Which broke my heart when I, you know"

“I already told you that I forgive you for that. What's done is done...don't worry”

"I just wish things would be different."

You let go of his hands. "I wish my sister was nice, I wish every one could be friends and that I didn't have to..."

"To choose?"

You nod.

"We're not making this easy for you, are we?"

You shake your head. “No, you're not.”

He strokes your cheek. "Just follow your heart, and it will guide you in the right direction." He kisses you lightly and looks you in the eyes. "Nothing bad will ever happen to you...I promise." He holds you tight and you gaze into the burning fire.

You look at him, kissing his cheek. "I've gotta go, I need to talk to the others before...."

Daniel nods. "I'll be here. I missed the fire. Kinda cold in your sister's cells." He smiles and kisses your hand as you leave. You're thinking about who’s you’re going to choose.