Hybrid [Part 16]

Ethan walks in. His face is still bruised from the fighting. Daniel put away the guitar and stands up. "What do you want? If it's fighting, I believe Adam is where you left him."

"Not funny Daniel. I was looking for Irish”

Okay, what's up?

"I just wanted to say, I am sorry. I didn't mean for it to get out of hand, but I couldn't let him off the hook." "It's fine." You say cold, and it's obvious that it hurt Ethan's feelings. "I am sorry" You say. "Don't be." He say and walks out

You run out of the room to catch up with Ethan. "You do understand that nothing can happen between us. Soon I'll be something else and we don't know how that will affect me and my feelings."

Ethan smiles. "Your feelings?"

"Yes, my feelings. So do me a favor and back down a bit. Until..."

Ethan nods and kisses your cheek. "I can wait." Then he leaves you alone in the hallway.

You sigh and walk into your room. "Great, they both like me, what do I do?" you ask yourself

You look around and sees a book. "Maybe that will calm me down." You think and you lay down on your bed and started reading.... When you get to the best part, someone knocks on your door.

"Rish? Can I come in? I've got food." Adam says from the other side of the door.

"Are you going to play nice?"

"Yep." He says and opens the door.

"I didn't say that you could come in"

"Sorry, but this plate is really hot" he says and places it on the night stand.

"You like to read?" He asks and looks at the book in your hands.

"Yes." An awkward silence spreads around the room.

"I am so sorry, I shouldn't have teased Ethan like that."

"It's fine. But as I told Ethan, I can't really get that close to you."

He nods.

"But you know I care for you, all of you guys. But no one knows what will happen to me."

"I know...But I won't let you forget me." He says and kisses you.

You pull away and shake your head. Adam understands and leaves the room. You put the book down and begins to eat. On the plate there is Pasta.

When you’re done eating, you continue reading. You didn't notice it was getting dark until Daniel turned on the lights. He smiles and you smile back, and continues to read the book. Then you see his guitar and you put the book down

"Finished?" Daniel asks and points at the book.

"For now." You say and puts it away. "Could you play me a song?"

Daniel smiles and picks up his guitar. "Sure, what do you wanna hear?"

“Gotta Find You"

He starts to sing and you just gaze into his eyes. It's so much easier to be with him since he is the only one who hasn't fallen in love with you. At the end of the song he smile and laughs.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's just....you're face."

"Is there something wrong with my face?”

"It's so peaceful."

"I doubt it will be peaceful for long." You say and look away.

"Still worried?" He says and puts down the guitar and sits next to you.

"I am even more worried now that I know how Ethan and Adam feels. What if I can't choose?"

"Well. I am sorry."

You look at him confused. "About what?"

He leans in and kisses you. It's so soft, and you can hardly tell that your lips are touching. He pulls himself away and sits down in the chair by the window. "Guess we all have feelings for you.

"How could you do this? Why now? I have a little more than a day left."

Daniel sighs. "I just had to...I just had to do before you changed. You're not the only one who's scared."

"But you're the one I could really count on, to calm me down."

Tears are building in your eyes, Daniel sees this and walks over and holds you in his arms.

"I don't wanna leave"

"You're not leaving."

"You don't know that" You cry and rest your head on his chest. One more day, that's all you've got left.