summer: chapter eighteen

Chapter nineteen: "I have a father"

Maya felt happy and relived. She had finally had the blonde boy all to herself. Nothing felt more right than laying in his arms inhaling his strong scent.

If she could stay in the moment forever, she would, but they were two busy college students who needed to get to class.

Maya shot up from her sleep and slowly removed herself from the strong boy.

"No!"He whined while pulling her back down. Maya chuckled.

"I gotta get to class cowboy."Maya smiled. She pulled herself back up and hopped out the bed. "Let's go somewhere tonight?"

"I'd be happy too."Lucas smiled. He propped himself up on his elbows while admiring the blonde.

"When's your last class?"

"I get out at four."Lucas nodded.

"Okay wanna meet at Clancy's around five?"Maya questioned. "Dinner on me."

"Funny."Lucas shook his head. "I'm paying you know that. But yes dinner at five."

***

Maya typed away on her phone. She was a little early to Clancy's so she took this time to text Katy.

They had been in touch recently and planned on hanging out this weekend. She pulled out the small notebook form her bag and cracked it open.

Today in her song writing class, they were given the assignment to create a small snippet of a song given a new topic of what it's suppose to be about. Her topic was joy.

Whenever she was happy or something good happened, she'd write down how she felt and instantly it turned into lyrics.

"Hey."Lucas smiled. He sat down at the table. "I thought I should come early just in case, but looks like you came earlier."

"Yeah. If I would have walked home after class than I woulda' been late, so I decided to just head on."Maya giggled.

Lucas nodded. He grabbed the menu and opened it.

"So, what you thinking about getting?"

"Probably the same thing I get every time I come."Maya shook her head. "Oh guess what."

"What?"

"Katy and I are hanging this weekend. She wants to take me to the planetarium. I think I'm gonna ask her about my dad."Maya sighed.

"You should, I think it's best if you know."Lucas nodded. "I think I'm gonna get the same thing as you."

Maya nodded. She went on her phone and to the Clancy's app. She typed in their order and placed down her phone.

"Oh my God! I think it's her"She heard the girl nervously whisper. Maya furrowed her eyebrows and glanced over towards the two young girls standing at their table.

"May I help you?"Maya questioned.

"You're K-Harts daughter!"The brunette exclaimed. "No way Jacey, I can't believe we found her."

"Excuse me?"Maya questioned.

"The Kermit Hart! Your his daughter." The second girl chimed in.

"May I ask, what the hell you're talking about?"Maya questioned.

The girl whipped out her phone and showed the blonde the Instagram post.