summer: chapter ten

Lucas sat hugged up with Riley while watching tv. It's been one week exactly since the disaster happened, and he haven't seen the blonde since. But he couldn't lie and say he didn't miss her.

Gosh he missed her like crazy. The annoying cowboy jokes, her icy-blue eyes. The scent of vanilla, and her soft hair. He missed her like crazy.

"You think I should get highlights baby?" Riley questioned while fondling with her hair.

"Whatever makes you happy."He muttered.

Another thing, he missed the conversations with Maya. They talked about real stuff, and threw in a couple of jokes.

But spending these past few weeks with Maya, he realized something. She was more than the annoying best friend who was in need of a boyfriend.

She was this incredibly strong and mature girl who joked and laughed. She made Lucas laugh.

"Lucas, I'm a bit hungry. You think maybe you can go out and get some sushi or something?"Riley questioned. "Oh and pick me up that strawberry cake from Clancy's. It's that coffee shop down the street."

Lucas nodded and stood to his feet. He grabbed his wallet and phone, and made his way out of the apartment building.

Lucas made his way down the busy streets of New York and stopped in front of Clancy's. He smile realizing that this was the same place Maya took him too.

He prayed that the blonde just so happened to be in there. Maybe on stage getting ready to sing. He swung the door open, and just to his luck, she was.

"Uh, this an original I guess."She mumbled into the mic. "Probably titled exhale or some shit."

Lucas slowly walked in, being unnoticed by the blonde. He sat down in a random seat. Maya began to strum along her guitar.

"Who puts, the baby in charge?"She started.

Lucas smiled. He got that same warm feeling in his heart. He adored Maya's singing. He felt relieved, seeing the blonde up on stage made his hectic thinking go away.

He definitely missed the face of the blue-eyed girl.

But he was definitely blown away at the words Maya was singing. She sounded amazing. Maya shown a side of vulnerability that she never had shown before.

She wrapped up the song and smiled. Maya walked off stage with her guitar in her hand. She sat back down in her seat and placed the guitar against the wall.

Lucas quickly stood up and walked over towards the table. "Maya?"

"Lucas?"

"Hey."He smiled and sat down at the table.

Maya grabbed her things and walked outside of the building. Lucas furrowed his eyebrows and sighed.

***

"And you completely ignored him?"Isadora questioned while taking a sip of her drink. Maya nodded.

"Yes Isa, I just. I didn't know what to say to him, and the only thing I could do was get up and leave."Maya shrugged.

"He didn't try to stop you?"Zay questioned.

Maya shook her head.

"Are you mad at him? Did he do anything wrong?"Isadora questioned. Maya shook her head.

"I think it's just best if I stay away from him. Until everything cools down."Maya mumbled. "What the fuck?"