𝐕

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

time had passed and the students were now clearing their desks and heading off to lunch. I sat still. waiting for two people in particular. "hey y/n! what are you doing? its lunch now lets go!" said the girly voice as she lifted my arm up to get my attention.

a chuckle escapes my lips as as I see izuku stand behind the girl, hands sat around the straps of his bag. "yeah! you can sit with us today like we used to!" he smiled softly.

I don't know if it was obvious but..

it almost seemed like he pitied me.

his eyes just shun with what I could only see as 'pity' with a hint of guilt.

dammit.

forgetting about both third years from earlier, I smiled slightly at izuku before turning to uraraka "yeah.. let's go!"

uraraka squealed as she held my arm. "y/n were finally having lunch together again after a week! lets run to get the cakes before everyone else does!" she giggled dragging me along with her. i reply with a slight hum as my smile was yet to falter.

as we enter the cafe the noise grew loud as she dragged me to a seat. "y/n sit here! we'll go get our lunches!" she pulled izuku with her as they went to stand in line. holding hands.

ah.

I'm third wheeling again.

I sigh to myself. making myself more comfortable in my seat. my eyes scanned the cafe. the long line of people waiting for there food. the many groups of people surrounding tables, talking. how long had it been since she had eaten here?.

"ah, l/n! it's been awhile since you've eaten with us."

a rather familiar voice made its way through my eardrums and I could only match such a voice to our dark haired class president.

my gaze shifted from the cafes crowd to said boy. he was carrying a tray of food with his bag on his right arm. my eyes then met with the boy next to him. the stoic, dual haired male, todoroki shouto.

"right, it's been awhile. a week I think? I've been busy!" totally can't tell them I've been eating on the roof because I was depressed over izuku and uraraka.

I played it off with a nervous smile and slight laugh. they took there seats across from me as I unconsciously began tapping the underside of my chair.

"it seemed as though you and midoriya had gotten into an argument. have you made up?" iida was as formal as ever.

"yes we have! I-it wasn't that bad haha.. anyway, where's tsu? she's usually here early right?" again, I laughed nervously.

"it seemed bad to me" for the first time since the conversation had started, todoroki spoke. his eyes pierced throw me and I couldn't help but feel intimidated.

"eh? no, it wasn't that serious at all!!"

"but I saw you crying-"

"aHahahahhaha no. no you didn't. hahah.."

it grew awkward after that. iida giving both of us a questioning look as todoroki would not stop staring at me. he didn't even touch his cold soba, is this really todoroki? I only avoided his eyes as I looked over to where izuku them were in the line for our food.

"anyway, l/n if you didn't notice, tsu was not in school today." iida informed as he began to eat his curry.

"tsu.. wasn't in class? I guess I was to distracted to notice.." was I really that distracted by izuku and uraraka to not notice one of my best friends were absent?.

that's just about when i realized something. togata and amajiki were supposed to get me for lunch.. maybe I've been way to distracted by my 'best friends' relationship. oh damn I have like 15 missing assignments for mr. aizaw-

"y/n! were back! i didnt really know what your preferences were but izuku picked what he thought you would like!" she sat the tray in front of me. I was snapped out of my thoughts and began staring at my tray miraculously all the dishes were somewhat things I would eat. although I wouldn't eat lunch often these were things I would most definitely choose.

"thank you!" I nod. I somehow feel as though the atmosphere between us has become exceptionally awkward. well it was better then being stuck in a room with bakugou.

"oh todoroki, iida, you guys got your food earlier then us huh?" Izuku began, gesturing towards their food.

"ah yes! we left the class as soon as the bell rang."iida answered. "it's always good to be early to lunch. or else everything will disappear" he adds.

I nod in agreements at his statement before beginning to chow down."l/n!" a voice called out for me and I flinch as i recognized it. blonde man togata. "l/n! here you are! we went to your class but you werent there." he swung his arm around my shoulder as tamaki stood awkwardly in front of the table. "oh.. I'm sorry I forgot." I reply with an awkward smile.

"upperclassman?"

I hear todoroki mumble.

"y/n.. there the upperclassmen right? do they still need to talk to you" uraraka whispered but it was still loud enough for mirio to hear. "yes we have business with miss l/n! she promised to have lunch with us. isnt that right l/n?" i sighed before turning uraraka clasping my hands together "I'm sorry uraraka! izuku! I promised them.. we can have lunch together next time okay?." you say in a slightly begging tone giving them puppy eyes.

"no it's okay! we understand! I guess we will have lunch with you next time!" uraraka replies shaking her hands at me as if saying to stop doing that.
"okay then we will be going!" mirio picked up my tray and threw my bag in amajikis direction as he caught it. I awkwardly stood up and bowed towards my friends and waved to them as we left.

they lead the way to their table as I walked alongside them with empty hands clasped together. "that was easy! but it makes me sad you forgot about us so quickly." he fake cried as you elbowed him. "I'm sorry I.. got caught up in the moment?" it came out more like a question rather than a statement

" I thought you said you usually are alone..." amajiki started as he nervously looked to the side."well I meant for the past week or so.. but normally I would eat with them." I glanced at him, he looked like he was sulking. I let out a silent "pfft" before refocusing my vision covering my mouth.

"what are you laughing at??" mirio asked curiously tilting his head at me. "nothing! I wasn't laughing haha" I reply nervously scratching my nape. "well even if you say that I heard you!" he grinned widely "I also heard you.." amajiki says as I turn to meet his gaze.

"oh I guess I was caught.." I stared at him then looked forward to see we were arriving at what seemed to be our seats.

at the table a blue haired girl sat. her aura suprisingly reminded me of uraraka. as we approached the table she immediately sat up her eyes shining in my direction.

"hiya! you must be y/n!"

➶   ☁︎ ︎︎☁ ☁︎   ➴

authors note -

:,)