𝐈

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐌𝐀𝐍.

I was now his wingman, best friend.

the kind of wingman that advised him through a microphone on his first date.

the kind that would always end up tagging along because he was too scared to be alone with her.

it was awkward. even more so when they were flirting. instead of a wingman, I was mostly just a third wheel. I sat there trying to ignore how loving they started becoming with each other. it almost became unbearable when they would argue on who would drop off who.

when it had become almost too painful to watch, I had tried refusing to go with him and uraraka to their so-called 'hangout'. but as he looked at me with his disappointment eyes, I couldn't say no, and I continued to third wheel to keep him happy.

I had concluded that I no longer had a chance. that I had waited too long and now there was no way of us ever becoming more than friends. it was okay though.

he's happy and that's enough.

it was today. the day I have been waiting for yet the day I was dreading. it was a day of celebration and a day of mourning.

it started good, with plenty of birthday wishes from friends. the school day was normal and as the day passed by I had grown more and more disappointed. having not talked to or gotten a happy birthday from the green-haired boy, my mood grew heavier by the hour.

at 6 I sat at the grave alone. comforting myself. something I wasn't used to after all the other years I relied on him to comfort me.

at midnight that night,

I had cried myself to sleep.

➶   ☁︎ ︎︎☁ ☁︎   ➴

third pov

"izuku? did you really forget?"

it was the morning after and she most definitely looked like a ghost. sat upon the roof of their school she summoned him to talk. talk about what he forgot of course.

"forgot? what have i forgotten?" he had always been the type to remember everything, she knew that very well. how did he forget something so important? how..?

"izuku.." she whispered, it was sad as if she were in pain.

"izuku it was my birthday yesterday.."